Jeff R

Show us your ‘post WLTP’ Golf R’s

Picked up my R wagon yesterday delighted..

Although it doesn’t seem to have a Reversing camera???

The VIN says it’s a 2019 build and it has the keyless entry as well as some other wltp features..

Very strange

27 minutes ago, jaydub said:

Picked up my R wagon yesterday delighted..

Although it doesn’t seem to have a Reversing camera???

The VIN says it’s a 2019 build and it has the keyless entry as well as some other wltp features..

Very strange

VW have been somewhat "economical with the truth" with the banked WLTP cars, they gave them all a nominal late Jan 2019 "build date" when many were actually built well before that date.  IIRC they also made some running changes to std equipment levels during the banking period.

My R has a drivers grab handle...? Can’t say I remember seeing one in my pre wltp R... is this new or have I just never looked up when sitting in the drivers seat before today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My R has a drivers grab handle...? Can’t say I remember seeing one in my pre wltp R... is this new or have I just never looked up when sitting in the drivers seat before today?

Just noticed that this week too.

2 hours ago, keano said:

Not new. My 7R has a drivers grab handle. Never once used though! 

13 hours ago, gregozedobe said:

VW have been somewhat "economical with the truth" with the banked WLTP cars, they gave them all a nominal late Jan 2019 "build date" when many were actually built well before that date.  IIRC they also made some running changes to std equipment levels during the banking period.

Thanks for that.

I ordered mine last November and basically they got lucky as i ordered a panoramic roof ,pretorias , Black rails and mirrors.

I await my reply from my dealer as it was stated it had this as a feature not that i am bothered it doesn’t have it as sensors are better than a camera but it might get me some freebies 😂

Well after weeks of waiting, mine has arrived. Dealer even left it with the wrappers on as they knew it was going straight for a ceramic coating.

2019 Oryx White

3 door

Pan Roof

Dynaudio

90% Rear Tints

Black Mirror Caps

Rear Camera

R.jpeg

On 15/05/2019 at 21:59, carbyfed said:

Car is finally there d83410fcaeb3d326b5e701a23eb46ac1.jpg

That looks great, love the wheels!