BobbyT

MK8 delayed until 2020

16 hours ago, SpursMadDave said:

Hopefully they will wave goodbye to gesture control emoji16.png

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I hope that pun was intended as it's really good 🤣

"as VW struggle to get the Golf’s new technology working."

That's the problem. Too much technology. A fully digital cockpit for the sake of trying to tempt buyers from premium models!! To me the tech levels in the 7.5 are just about right, and I feel the need for non-digital buttons/dials for certain functions is far far better than fully digital. Heating for example. I want easy to push buttons and the dial for heating.

Don’t know why they can’t just  steal borrow Audi’s touch tech - it’s already fully developed in the Q8. Gesture control is an unneeded and soon to be short-lived gimmick! Nobody wants to be seen driving up the M1 waving their hands all over the shop, for fear of being misunderstood either as signalling to other road users, or totally losing the plot.

Let me make this perfectly clear now; If I’m ever seen waving my hands around in a seemingly random manner while at the wheel, it will not be because I’m trying to activate the sunroof! It’ll be because I’m either [...signalling to other road users, or totally losing the plot]. 😎

giphy.mp4

I heard that too many people threw up as they unveiled the front end at an internal launch, so decided to wait until next year for peoples stomachs to settle....

Doesn't bode well if they have truly delayed launch as the tech is not working - there's usually a raft of bugs and glitches on the first release of any of their infotainment units let alone touch sensitive everything. It must be bad for them to pull the launch.

I hate the idea of everything being touch controls - i like good old fashioned knob's :D

Even the gear stick/knob is also gone only to be replaced by what looks like a wedge of cheese.