It should be standard wk51 onwards due to new legislation, it’s a good thing to look for actually to spot a later car rather than 19MY so you get keyless, reverse camera, lane departure and dynamic light assist also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The 'SOS' button is part of the 'eCall' system. 

eCall is the new emergency contact systems built into all cars from 2018/2019 onwards. It allows you or the car to call the emergency services encase you are involved in an accident and cannot get access to your phone or cannot make the call yourself. Think of people in the middle of nowhere who have an accident and are unconscious and cannot call the emergency services. 

It checks all sorts of things in the car, depending on the vehicle model, like amount of people in the car, vehicle position via GPS, if there is any children in the car, if the vehicle is on it's side, roof, etc, airbags deployed, etc, etc. 

I would imagine if the car has the feature, it will be active, especially as it is a legal requirement now for all vehicles to have this system built in. 

eCall is the new emergency contact systems built into all cars from 2018/2019 onwards. It allows you or the car to call the emergency services encase you are involved in an accident and cannot get access to your phone or cannot make the call yourself. Think of people in the middle of nowhere who have an accident and are unconscious and cannot call the emergency services. 

It checks all sorts of things in the car, depending on the vehicle model, like amount of people in the car, vehicle position via GPS, if there is any children in the car, if the vehicle is on it's side, roof, etc, airbags deployed, etc, etc. 

I would imagine if the car has the feature, it will be active, especially as it is a legal requirement now for all vehicles to have this system built in. 

I’m more interested in the geofencing that alerts you if the car leaves an area and the text it sends if your alarm is going off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, JRock_247 said:

Some manufacturers have had it for a few years.

assuming the VW one is similar it will have manual and automatic modes.

prefer it if they added in a concierge service, miss having that option.

If the system follows that of BMW and Merc,  and the SOS function is fully operational, when a crash is detected, the operator in the call centre will speak with you and check if your okay, and what further assistance you need. 

If they have a no response, you will have  the police winging their way rapidly to you.