alongo83

Ohlins mp20 v mp21

MP20 is for the RS3 with 70nm rear springs and the MP21 kit is for a Golf with 50nm rear spring rate?

Both mp20 and mp21 have 70N/mm front and 50N/mm rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both mp20 and mp21 have 70N/mm front and 50N/mm rear

I thought mp20 came before mp21. I have a call into Ohlins. I will let you know what I find out.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I thought mp20 came before mp21. I have a call into Ohlins. I will let you know what I find out.

Thanks; I'm also curious, since I have the mp20 installed

How do you like the kit any issues? 

Love the kit. I can adjust the settings by reaching under the car on my back due to the inverted design; this makes it easy to daily on setting 10, and change to 6 for canyon runs in just a couple minutes.

More comfortable and composed on 10 than stock (base package 2015 without DCC). And on 6 it's a canyon beast.

Love the kit. I can adjust the settings by reaching under the car on my back due to the inverted design; this makes it easy to daily on setting 10, and change to 6 for canyon runs in just a couple minutes.  
More comfortable and composed on 10 than stock (base package 2015 without DCC). And on 6 it's a canyon beast.

Thats awesome I just picked up the mp20 kit myself just trying to understand the differences before Install. Do you have the kit installed on a Golf R? I hear mixed things about stiffing up the rear with a 60 n/mm spring.

Thats awesome I just picked up the mp20 kit myself just trying to understand the differences before Install. Do you have the kit installed on a Golf R? I hear mixed things about stiffing up the rear with a 60 n/mm spring.

Yes on a Golf R, with the standard 50N/mm rear spring rate.

Yes on a Golf R, with the standard 50N/mm rear spring rate.

Perfect I will be looking to install the same setup great to hear a review. I was contemplating going to with the 60n/m but I feel like the 50n/m would probably help provide smoother ride for road use.

My gut tells me the mp21 are newer and probably have some minor improvement over mp20. Ohlins own website doesn't have mp20 listed any more.

My gut tells me the mp21 are newer and probably have some minor improvement over mp20. Ohlins own website doesn't have mp20 listed any more.

I believe you are right, if its only minor changes I don't mind. I just want to make sure a revison is addressed if needed before I bother installing the kit.

I believe you are right, if its only minor changes I don't mind. I just want to make sure a revison is addressed if needed before I bother installing the kit.

Ohlins responded to my email...

"the rear dampers of VWS MP21 are shorter than the VWS MP20 one. Also VWS MP21 Kit comes without springs while VWS MP20 is always with springs."

Ohlins responded to my email...

"the rear dampers of VWS MP21 are shorter than the VWS MP20 one. Also VWS MP21 Kit comes without springs while VWS MP20 is always with springs."

Thanks for the info, I was still waiting to hear back. I wonder why they made the rear shorter.