Jass2018

Protective Coating ?

5 hours ago, PhilC22 said:

That would make sense as lacquer wouldn't/shouldn't peel off like that if it had been applied properly.

I wonder if the OP has the previous owners details (doubtful these days I guess) as he might not get much useful information out of the selling dealer..

Regarding the manufacturer warranty, the paint warranty (covering "manufacturing defects in the paintwork") only runs for 3 years from registration. The 'body protection warranty' runs for 12 years, but refers specifically to corrosion damage.

Ahh yes, just spotted the age of the car, out of warranty anyway. Won't get anywhere with dealer anyway then so best to suck it up and get it repainted at a decent bodyshop.

Have contacted the dealer just awaiting for a response, I will take it to my body shop guy on the weekend and get a quote/ his advice.

Or i could just cover it with bonnet bra and spend the money on tuning - Out of sight out of mind haha. 

18 minutes ago, Jass2018 said:

Have contacted the dealer just awaiting for a response, I will take it to my body shop guy on the weekend and get a quote/ his advice.

Or i could just cover it with bonnet bra and spend the money on tuning - Out of sight out of mind haha. 

Just bear in mind that If it is a poor respray then it'll lift across the bonnet. It's possible it's a localised smart repair but it wants sorting really.

@jrw - Yes it was FOC the garage were very helpful had no issues with them what so ever.

@Baldchap - That is the plan, I will be creating a new topic in regards to this in the detailing section for advice and assistance