ALS391

MODs not declared to insurance company

I didn't realise they would do this, car does look OTT and noisy exhaust just asking for it I guess, will probably screw up his future attempts to get insurance as well.

SYP is South Yorkshire Police operational support

Be Warned 

SYP.JPG

Amazes people dont declare things, they make their car stand out both visually and sound wise to attract attention so have no right to complain if this happens.

I see posts on FB all the time with people telling others not to bother declaring stuff because they have never had a problem... idiots!

Most modifications don't even cost anything either!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not suprised seen it happen plenty times before.

not declaring stuff is just stupid, it's okay others saying it's okay but it's the owner who suffers.

its even worse trying to claim and assessor spots obvious modifications etc.

we had a lad at work spent a few years working as one, nice holidays from bonus he received saving the insurance company paying out.

Not suprised seen it happen plenty times before.

not declaring stuff is just stupid, it's okay others saying it's okay but it's the owner who suffers.

its even worse trying to claim and assessor spots obvious modifications etc.

we had a lad at work spent a few years working as one, nice holidays from bonus he received saving the insurance company paying out.

The guy (or girl) was probably driving anti socially especially with a straight pipe which you can't declare anyway as it's not roadworthy. People think it won't happen to them and it most probably won't to be fair but imagine you are in a nasty accident where someone gets hurt, insurance company would drop you like a hot coal!

As stated above, tell the insurance company everything.

For me, it's not worth the risk in having a policy cancelled or not getting payed out, vehicle repaired, etc.... in the unlikely event of a incident or claim.

It is my understanding that if you are in possession of a certificate of insurance then you still have valid insurance , but only the very basic required to comply with the law. Anyone else give me a definite answer ?

1 minute ago, garrardrj said:

It is my understanding that if you are in possession of a certificate of insurance then you still have valid insurance , but only the very basic required to comply with the law. Anyone else give me a definite answer ?

If you have insurance in place then nothing you do to break the law can revoke your third party cover. Which is why insurers pay out for drink drivers who demolish a load of stuff etc Not declaring modifications is not illegal it is a contractual obligation which can lead to legal issues.

An insurance company can cancel your insurance and declare you uninsured if you have failed to declare modifications (your obligations). They would still cover any third party liabilities if this was discovered in the aftermath of an accident.

Best bet to just declare everything and then you know it's all good :thumbsup:

Would it be worth telling the insurance if you have a res delete?  Asking for a friend
I did and it cost me nothing, they (LV) just asked if it added performance to the vehicle and I said no, same with MY Remus catback no extra to pay. Only thing so far that has raised my premiums has been the JB4 which was £40 A year extra

I had a chat with Brentacre the other day as the dreaded renewal date is fast approaching

They will cover mine, bearing in mind i'm 24, for £700 with all mods declared. Any visual mods won't cost a penny to add on, i.e wheels, wraps, tints, etc etc.

Exhaust wouldn't cost anything, and all that costs is when there is extra power involved

3 minutes ago, phazer said:

If you have insurance in place then nothing you do to break the law can revoke your third party cover. Which is why insurers pay out for drink drivers who demolish a load of stuff etc Not declaring modifications is not illegal it is a contractual obligation which can lead to legal issues.

An insurance company can cancel your insurance and declare you uninsured if you have failed to declare modifications (your obligations). They would still cover any third party liabilities if this was discovered in the aftermath of an accident.

Best bet to just declare everything and then you know it's all good :thumbsup:

Agreed, the third party element of insurance would still react and therefore pay a claim however insurers are within their rights to void the policy and not pay anything with regards to your own vehicle damage.

Also pretty sure that once insurers have settled the third party claim they could potentially attempt to claim the costs back from you as you are effectively an uninsured driver.

I had a chat with Brentacre the other day as the dreaded renewal date is fast approaching

They will cover mine, bearing in mind i'm 24, for £700 with all mods declared. Any visual mods won't cost a penny to add on, i.e wheels, wraps, tints, etc etc.

Exhaust wouldn't cost anything, and all that costs is when there is extra power involved
Yep but be aware all mods are most likely not actually covered ie if you had a smash you would only get standard parts replaced in most cases. That's why they don't charge it's a no brainer for them really

Just now, SpursMadDave said:

Yep but be aware all mods are most likely not actually covered ie if you had a smash you would only get standard parts replaced in most cases. That's why they don't charge it's a no brainer for them really

Brentacre is like for like on mods as long as they are declared

Agreed, the third party element of insurance would still react and therefore pay a claim however insurers are within their rights to void the policy and not pay anything with regards to your own vehicle damage.

Also pretty sure that once insurers have settled the third party claim they could potentially attempt to claim the costs back from you as you are effectively an uninsured driver.

Yep and your legal cover would be gone so your pants would well and truly be pulled down!