Hi I'm new to the site and the Golf R world. I've just got a 2016 3dr DSG in black. 19inch Pretorias, heated leather, Dynaudio, larger sat nav. 

My car is standard at the min. I am just about to turn 40 and fancy a few mods, but nothing huge. What are the best mods for me? 

Thanks 

Barry. 

Get a Stage 1 ECU tun, and a TCU tune (if you're manual you will NEED clutch upgrade, or the Stg1 tune will cause your clutch to start slipping)

That's the best bang for your buck out there.

Thanks, stage 1 was one of the things I had on my list. I've got a DSG so do I need that re mapped too? 

Induction kits, so they release any more power on the R, or just make it sound throatier? 

Baz 

Hi I'm new to the site and the Golf R world. I've just got a 2016 3dr DSG in black. 19inch Pretorias, heated leather, Dynaudio, larger sat nav. 

My car is standard at the min. I am just about to turn 40 and fancy a few mods, but nothing huge. What are the best mods for me? 

Thanks 

Barry. 
Very hard to say what mods are for you as it's a very personal thing, is the car a daily and what kind of drives do you do in it. Fir example if you do a lot of motorway driving then maybe a res delete wouldn't be a great idea but if you have a 10/15 mile commute every day along A-roads then happy days!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, SpursMadDave said:

Very hard to say what mods are for you as it's a very personal thing, is the car a daily and what kind of drives do you do in it. Fir example if you do a lot of motorway driving then maybe a res delete wouldn't be a great idea but if you have a 10/15 mile commute every day along A-roads then happy days!

The car will be used mostly in town so might look at the Res delete. I would love a rear box but the options on the R are expensive. 

5 minutes ago, SpursMadDave said:

I had 8mm/12mm on 19" Prets. Some go larger but I thought those looked spot on without being all Carlos Fandango...

Where did you get your spacers from, I seen a lot of different versions on e bay. 

Where did you get your spacers from, I seen a lot of different versions on e bay. 
I got H&R, no real reason other than used them on other cars, also used Eibach with no issues. As long as they are hub centric with a lip that's the main thing to stop chance of wobble. I think 8mm is the smallest hub centric space you can get, smaller are the shim type

5 minutes ago, SpursMadDave said:

I got H&R, no real reason other than used them on other cars, also used Eibach with no issues. As long as they are hub centric with a lip that's the main thing to stop chance of wobble. I think 8mm is the smallest hub centric space you can get, smaller are the shim type

Thanks Dave, appreciate the help.

And I'd like to say best of luck today at Anfield but I can't.... I'm a reds fan so please lose so we can finally win that 1st premier lge title. 😂

Thanks Dave, appreciate the help.

And I'd like to say best of luck today at Anfield but I can't.... I'm a reds fan so please lose so we can finally win that 1st premier lge title. 
Haha looking forward to it and I hope it's a good game we have been out of sorts the last month but hopefully back to our best today and take some points off you

2 minutes ago, SpursMadDave said:

Haha looking forward to it and I hope it's a good game we have been out of sorts the last month but hopefully back to our best today and take some points off you emoji39.png

I really dont mind Spurs. My Grandad was a London boy and from Highgate so was a season ticket holder. I loved going to visit as he would always take me to Wembley for the England gamea if they were on. 

Quick list in £ order lowest to highest

1. OBD Eleven to code stuff with (plenty of topics on here), my main one was to permanently open the exhaust valves and now I’m much happier and don’t need a res delete (too chavy IMO) & also did the full brake light enable vs the outsides as default.

2. Tyres! Michelin Pilot Sport 4 if you have 18” or PS4S if you have 19”... Totally transforms the car, I was shocked at how much better they were than conti sports and potenza’s.

3. Lowering springs, I’ve just put on Eibach Pro Springs and I’m very impressed, the car sits slightly lower (10-15mm I believe) but the ride is still great and the handling has been improved, less body roll etc. I decided against the spacers and I’m happy with how it looks even with the car lowered, I couldn’t help but see the negatives in putting them on but each to their own.

Mod list depends on what your looking for, if your going for big power then ECU & TCU maps but if your happy with power go for some tweaking stuff like springs which will just improve the drive.