Lethalbrizzle

Hello, but not the best of starts

I've received a PDF of the service history and it states a service plan ending in 2021. Does this mean the car will receive free services until then? They never mentioned this previously and have responded yet on my query

I've received a PDF of the service history and it states a service plan ending in 2021. Does this mean the car will receive free services until then? They never mentioned this previously and have responded yet on my query
Mine has similar although I haven't spoken to my dealer, due a service around July time so need to find out what the deal is

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bonus if it has.

I bought my R when it was 2 years old, didn’t know it had a service plan. Only found out when it went for its third service (inc brake fluid change and haldex) and I was only charged for the haldex service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Service manager just rang. 

They have spoken to "technical" which I presume is a set of boffins in German, or probably Milton Keens, and they have advised to order a new mechatronics. Will be at least another week before it arrives and is fitted.

Hopefully, all will then be well, but there's no additional warranty above the remainder of the existing warranty.

Forgot to mention... Once out of warranty, he said this would be approximately a £2000 job.:shocked:
Mostly labour I expect, how much warranty did you get is it just the remainder of the manufacturers so 2020? A few people on here have renewed theirs for an additional year for not too much so that's always an option nearer the time I guess...

Never offered me an extended warranty, so it expires next June. If they wait until it expires, like BMW did, then I'll probably be wanting to renew, unless they quote me daft. Bmw wanted £1600 on a 5 series estate!
Nowhere near as much as that from what I have seen on here

Well, it's been a stressful few weeks, but I'm getting a refund, mainly on principle rather than not liking the car.

The issues where:

1. 30 seconds after putting down a deposit. I'm told I can't pick the car up when I want to, because the salesperson isn't in those days, and they don't do weekend handovers.

2. Pick car up and drive home. 30 minutes into a 2 hour drive and gearbox warning. Turns out it needs a new Mechatronics.

3. Car has been through 140 point check and a service, but spare key battery flat and car reports it needs and inspection and oil service. 

4. After 4 attempts at asking for service record, I can see it was serviced and MPC when they got the car in, so not sure why they made me wait 2 weeks to pick the car up. Service record states service plan. Nobody could confirm or deny what that meant for me.

5. In direct sunlight the paintwork looked shocking. Like it had depth and not in a good way. Swirl marks and fine scratches.

6. Vw told me not to drive the car, but drove it 80 odd miles back to their garage themselves.

7. They didn't accept debit card payments, which meant I had to do a bank transfer a week before.

In my opinion, too much emphasis was put on what they considered to be a good experience, but just irritated me. Like putting a bow on the windscreen, which left a mark as I drove home. Rather than keep me updated, they would send me little videos telling me how fantastic everything is going.

Other observations I made about the car... I realised I missed keyless, even though it apparently makes it easier to steal. Kept jumping in and leaving the key in my pocket.

Start stop is a pain on automatics in general. I set it to off automatically on ignition in the BMW though some simple internet hacking.

I learned that leaving it in sport mode and turning ignition back on resets it back to normal mode, even though it still shows sport mode pressed is by design. Apparently the car needs to be in the default mode it was tested against. I.e. normal, start stop on etc.

I found the steering wheel controls unintuitive, but would probably get used to it.

Would I have another? Maybe, but I'm put off by dealer experience in general.

As it stands, I won't have a car after Tuesday, but I commute by motorbike, and the Mrs has a car, so I might not bother!

Bye for now

Yikes! Bad experiences can put you off a marque for life. I came from 4 previous BMW's to my current R and totally love it! Good luck with whatever you decide. 😁