Adz Phillips

VW R virgin

Hi everyone, I’m Adz, 48 from Suffolk and refuse to grow up. Been a member for a few weeks now.

Chopping in my M400 MK3 Focus RS, love the car but it’s time for a change due to me losing my job early next year so my plans to go to a M3 of M4 competition spec are shelved for the moment. 

Took a Golf R out about a month ago on the fly and was very impressed with it. Wasn’t expecting that so with that slapped a grand down on 3rd April expecting a 16 wk lead time. Currently scheduled for build W/c 13th May so getting super excited!

Will enjoy the car and get some miles under it before I start a few a few mods, stage 1 and exhaust system first ( Golf is too quiet I need a little burbling and aggression coming from it. Before all that il be getting it ceramic coated and Ghost security.

Spec ordered 

Lapiz blue, pan roof, Spielbergs, Vienna seats, DCC, Dynaudio, climate screen, black wing mirror covers, Oettinger spoiler. Couldn’t justify £3k for the Akro exhaust so will look at other options.

Look forward to bouncing ideas off you guys soon.

Adz

53 minutes ago, Grant said:

Welcome Adz! APR Stage 1 and a resonator delete transformed my R! Best mods I've done!

Thanks Grant, yeah stage 1 seems to be a pretty painless way of gaining power without the need for intercoolers unrated this and that. A lot of talk of JB4 boxes but seems the APR is the better bang for the buck.

Defo thinking of the res delete as that’s an easy mod for under £200 from what I’ve seen and change out the back box for some bigger tail pipes. 

Adz

Hi Adz and :welcome:. I've just ordered new as well and from what I've gathered on this very insightful forum is there's no resonator on the post wltp cars we'll be getting due to the two GPF's but have heard a few vids and folks seem to say they sound ok. Sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong. 

Pete.

9 hours ago, P3T3 said:

Hi Adz and :welcome:. I've just ordered new as well and from what I've gathered on this very insightful forum is there's no resonator on the post wltp cars we'll be getting due to the two GPF's but have heard a few vids and folks seem to say they sound ok. Sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong. 

Pete.

Thanks Pete, 

Newbie mistake for me there lol! 

I’ll be doing some looking around as I want a little more attitude from the exhaust.

I’ve found the only way to hear the exhausts is comparing through meets tbh as vids don’t do them justice going on past experiences as they will all have a different tone. Looking for a nice burble and growl sound. 👍🏻

21 hours ago, Adz Phillips said:

Hi everyone, I’m Adz, 48 from Suffolk and refuse to grow up. Been a member for a few weeks now.

Chopping in my M400 MK3 Focus RS, love the car but it’s time for a change due to me losing my job early next year so my plans to go to a M3 of M4 competition spec are shelved for the moment. 

Took a Golf R out about a month ago on the fly and was very impressed with it. Wasn’t expecting that so with that slapped a grand down on 3rd April expecting a 16 wk lead time. Currently scheduled for build W/c 13th May so getting super excited!

Will enjoy the car and get some miles under it before I start a few a few mods, stage 1 and exhaust system first ( Golf is too quiet I need a little burbling and aggression coming from it. Before all that il be getting it ceramic coated and Ghost security.

Spec ordered 

Lapiz blue, pan roof, Spielbergs, Vienna seats, DCC, Dynaudio, climate screen, black wing mirror covers, Oettinger spoiler. Couldn’t justify £3k for the Akro exhaust so will look at other options.

Look forward to bouncing ideas off you guys soon.

Adz

Welcome to the forum Adz....:welcome:

Thanks guys I’m feeling the love and looking forward to bouncing some ideas of you guys. 

Reading stuff all the time whilst I wait for delivery day. 

Leaning towards APR stage 1 (dunno which mode within that to go just yet I’m not a redline thrasher but enjoy midrange pull) and possible exhaust change to make it a bit more throaty and burble more. 

I got to get the car first though!! 

Cheers, 

Adz