slider09

LV Insurance and modifying

Just spoken to my insurance company to get an estimated cost if I change my Cadiz alloys for aftermarket alloys and also replace my brake discs with MTech ones.

Aftermarket wheels would actually reduce my premium by £4.

Changing the brake discs would add £7 to my annual premium.

Thought for a laugh I'd ask about a JB4, told the lady it was a tuning box and it increased the engine power slightly.  She didn't have a tuning box down on their system so had to put it down as a remap.  Adding a JB4 would increase my premium by a further....£899! I thought LV were mod friendly?

Anyone else with LV and have a JB4, would be interested how much extra you paid.

I'm with LV. I run a JB4 which is down as a power increase. That, wheels, spoiler, and exhaust added about 50 quid.

Best bet is go on go compare, put down your mods and see what comes up. I just did this as my renewal is due and LV has gone up by 50 quid. On go compare LV came in exactly as last years premium, and I added suspension to my mods list for the quote too !!

Unfortunately you have to get the right person on the phone, my JB4 with LV was £50. I also had a similar device on my Jag which was a little more expensive but that was considerably more expensive to insure. I'm sure it is under engine chip management, certainly not as a remap.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

On 26/04/2019 at 11:58, SpursMadDave said:

From their own document -

Chipping - Engine Management System Changes

I also chose that category for the JB4, added an induction hose too and it only increased by £32 for the year.

Well happy with LV although I’ve never had to go through the claims process with them, heard they are good in the event though.

I also chose that category for the JB4, added an induction hose too and it only increased by £32 for the year.
Well happy with LV although I’ve never had to go through the claims process with them, heard they are good in the event though.

Were great when I needed them, absolutely no problems with the claim process at all. I was able to remove all my bits JB4, Sub, pedal box etc with no issues once the car was declared a total loss...cad80a80d220a405fb1744bbb241488f.jpg

4 hours ago, SpursMadDave said:

Were great when I needed them, absolutely no problems with the claim process at all. I was able to remove all my bits JB4, Sub, pedal box etc with no issues once the car was declared a total loss...cad80a80d220a405fb1744bbb241488f.jpg

Ouch!! 

LV declined to quote me as I have a set of Winter wheels and tyres, the reason that the Winter s are 18" and hence a different size to my Summers at 19", could almost understand if they were larger, but smaller wheels with the same rolling radius.

LV declined to quote me as I have a set of Winter wheels and tyres, the reason that the Winter s are 18" and hence a different size to my Summers at 19", could almost understand if they were larger, but smaller wheels with the same rolling radius.
Why have you winter tyres on in June?

Strange as LV had no issue with my aftermarket wheels at all, or spacers on previous wheels.

5 hours ago, mustard said:

I have winter 18's and summer 19's insured with LV with no issue.

LV were fine with spacers, ECU/TCU upgrade, AirBox/Filter, Downpipe etc. until I added the Intercooler, £700 increase.........as apparently, that increase power by some margin!