Just had my golf r estate 2019 over a week now and have just ordered a race chip GTS black +app ,in your honest opinions is this a good move or not and are any members running one of these? Many thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum!

I have used similar devices to the Race Chip ( I had a DTUK box) and was not impressed at all. If your looking for added power without a proper re-map, there is only one option imo, the Burger Motorsports JB4 or JB1. These are amazing bits of kit and VERY highly praised on all the Golf R/S3 facebook pages. Dyno proven high power and torque gains, safety features built in to protect your car, customisable  maps or preset maps. 

I ran for a while on my Golf R and was very impressed. Very noticeable gains and very close to Stage 1 power gains. 

shak h shivji on the Golf R Owners Club page on Facebook is your man to go to. He sells, installs and knows all about them and will help with any questions. 

3 hours ago, JRock_247 said:

Welcome to the forum!

I have used similar devices to the Race Chip ( I had a DTUK box) and was not impressed at all. If your looking for added power without a proper re-map, there is only one option imo, the Burger Motorsports JB4 or JB1. These are amazing bits of kit and VERY highly praised on all the Golf R/S3 facebook pages. Dyno proven high power and torque gains, safety features built in to protect your car, customisable  maps or preset maps. 

I ran for a while on my Golf R and was very impressed. Very noticeable gains and very close to Stage 1 power gains. 

shak h shivji on the Golf R Owners Club page on Facebook is your man to go to. He sells, installs and knows all about them and will help with any questions. 

Thanks JRock this is most helpful.

Box gets delivered tomorrow but honestly after reading your guys posts on this wonderful forum it’s going straight back and I’m probably gonna have to wear the £35 return cost😩going for the jb4!

On 01/05/2019 at 23:31, Mejulie said:

Just had my golf r estate 2019 over a week now and have just ordered a race chip GTS black +app ,in your honest opinions is this a good move or not and are any members running one of these? Many thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum Rav...:welcome:

On 02/05/2019 at 22:42, P3T3 said:

Wise decision, JB4 likely the route I'll be going too. 

It’s on sale at £409 atm and £150 cheaper than the racechip,will keep you posted once fitted👍