Jeff R

Latest revision grey coloured racingline springs

Does anyone run these latest grey coloured revision of the racingline springs in their R, not the old blue ones, specifically the new grey ones

if so what are they like comfort wise? Are you happy with them & would you fit them again

thanks

jeff

Hey Jeff I’ve got them fitted nice ride hight now, with the 19” wheels
9ccaeeee84939896149be839b1c67953.jpg
62783d5feafeb58414ecbe09351383b4.jpg
f9d14c0919892d7bf9fc3bced3804870.jpg

The rides is good I’m happy with it, I thought a bit more bouncy and less stiff then the OE springs which made it a bit more comfortable on the roads.
Definitely would buy them again.

My other buddy has got them on his estate said he didn’t think they was less stiff, maybe me .

Got them from a mate at Surrey tuning had them on a deal, next day delivery too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, vagnum said:

The rides is good I’m happy with it, I thought a bit more bouncy and less stiff then the OE springs which made it a bit more comfortable on the roads.

My other buddy has got them on his estate said he didn’t think they was less stiff, maybe me emoji2371.png.

Got them from a mate at Surrey tuning had them on a deal, next day delivery too.

Excellent, thanks for the feedback, 

Im stuck between the new racingline’s & Eibach pro kit 

ive messages Surrey turning based off your recommendation to see if they are the grey or the blue springs, web photo shows the blue ones, if that’s the case they’re the old revisions

I have the latest revision, the grey springs. I only see 1 problem, the rear height it's different to the front. Rear it's 5mm shorter aprox.
 Here 2 pics with 18 after install and 19 1300 miles later.

IMG_1099.JPG.e6aaa1063b6494ed63f99c3f5faIMG_1353.JPG.79249977a3480dfd9c1b8fbcc2f

Excellent, thanks for the feedback, 
Im stuck between the new racingline’s & Eibach pro kit 

ive messages Surrey turning based off your recommendation to see if they are the grey or the blue springs, web photo shows the blue ones, if that’s the case they’re the old revisions

Might just be the web site mate, 100% got grey ones on my order speak to Chris @ Surrey tuning.

f7ffac1d206a5698c254f6cc9f20718e.jpg
These are the ones we fitted to my mates estate

23 hours ago, vagnum said:

My other buddy has got them on his estate said he didn’t think they was less stiff, maybe me emoji2371.png.

Stance and wheel gap looks :afro:

9 hours ago, vagnum said:

Might just be the web site mate, 100% got grey ones on my order speak to Chris @ Surrey tuning.

f7ffac1d206a5698c254f6cc9f20718e.jpg
These are the ones we fitted to my mates estate

Thanks, I’ve been messaging Chris but he’s saying there’s no deals on them, just free postage, 

theyve changed the price of them on their site from £180 to £216 in line with everywhere fuse too now 

There’s no difference between the grey “revision” and the blue ones. Just a different colour coating to match their rebranding. 

That’s from the horse’s mouth.

2 hours ago, Batch said:

There’s no difference between the grey “revision” and the blue ones. Just a different colour coating to match their rebranding. 

That’s from the horse’s mouth.

You can see on the grey ones that they are wound differently on the fronts to the original blue ones, 

D7236B8D-CCC8-47A4-A438-1B7E79813C10.jpeg

D1860A06-7F4E-452E-85B3-2B1A1B500E07.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Jeff R said:

You can see on the grey ones that they are wound differently on the fronts to the original blue ones, 

D7236B8D-CCC8-47A4-A438-1B7E79813C10.jpeg

D1860A06-7F4E-452E-85B3-2B1A1B500E07.jpeg

That’ll be a stock photo. They haven’t changed. 

45 minutes ago, Batch said:

That’ll be a stock photo. They haven’t changed. 

You can clearly see on the grey set fitted in to an arch on a car (post above mine) that the spring gaps are equidistant unlike them on the old blue ones, 

How old are the blue ones you have put a picture of Jeff? 

When VWR first released springs for the golf R they made a few changes over quite a short period of time iirc. Therefor in the early stages there were a number of versions floating around.  The ones I have are blue, but I bought them just before they changed the colour to grey. I wasn’t aware of any new revisions since I bought mine, just a colour change as stated above for a rebrand. 

Whats stopping you buy them? No one on here as a bad word to say about the springs, you have had quite a few replies, over a number of different topics stating peoples opinions on them yet still haven’t bit the bullet. You have commented yourself saying they make the car sit at the perfect ride height. 

Man up and get some ordered, you won’t regret it 😁

The ones in the picture are the second revision ones with the white collar around them

ive read pretty mixed reviews about racingline springs as a whole, hence my trying to get more opinions from those (albeit few) running the newer grey springs 

I’ve contacted 2 tuning companies & racingline now, all of which have said the blue springs were discontinued due to quality & comfort complaints & replaced by new spring design & these are the grey ones.

I guess I just don’t want my brand new car tearing apart & then not being happy with them, that’s my main concern, I’d go eibachs (which have much better owner feedback) but I don’t feel they lower enough

4 hours ago, Jeff R said:

The ones in the picture are the second revision ones with the white collar around them

ive read pretty mixed reviews about racingline springs as a whole, hence my trying to get more opinions from those (albeit few) running the newer grey springs 

I’ve contacted 2 tuning companies & racingline now, all of which have said the blue springs were discontinued due to quality & comfort complaints & replaced by new spring design & these are the grey ones.

I guess I just don’t want my brand new car tearing apart & then not being happy with them, that’s my main concern, I’d go eibachs (which have much better owner feedback) but I don’t feel they lower enough

I asked this question specifically when I visited Racingline, there is NO difference between the grey springs and the Racingline branded blue ones. None. 

The white collars are packaging, nothing more, and as I said they probably look different as they will be stock photos of the brand of springs. 

Of course I could be making all this up, but ask yourself why I’d need to? I’m also fairly well-informed when it comes to Racingline products so I’d hate you to think I was providing misinformation.

15 hours ago, Jeff R said:

Jeff

I had my VWR springs fitted in June 2016 with the 034 Motorsport rear ARB. They’ve been perfect on road and great on track with the DCC.

Ive fitted all sorts of expensive KW Clubsports Eibach, Koni suspension in the past and ordinarily I’d never do springs on their own without matched dampers but with the DCC it’s a good ‘cheap’ upgrade for flatter cornering whilst retaining OE comfort levels. The not as tightly tied down to an expensive KW Clubsport that’s a £3k fitted job but you pay for the 8/10ths and above ultimate control and camber for track-work.

Contact Retro Resus speak to Tom Walker who sets up the PGTI and VW Cup cars who fitted mine and sets and builds my cars. 

I strongly suspect Eibach make VWR springs under licence