Hi, I have a brand new Golf R collected on 2nd April, went to use it yesterday and there is no dashboard, just warning lights across the top, has anyone experienced this? I know the other screen has issues but the main dash itself which is obviously critical for speed etc......

24D95955-3AF8-4C02-9E93-0AF2831F7319.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Simon Carter said:

Hi, I have a brand new Golf R collected on 2nd April, went to use it yesterday and there is no dashboard, just warning lights across the top, has anyone experienced this? I know the other screen has issues but the main dash itself which is obviously critical for speed etc......

24D95955-3AF8-4C02-9E93-0AF2831F7319.jpeg

I've never experienced this since new - June 2017

Switch off, wait for a minute, then switch on and see if that fixes it (just like all computers these days).

Even if it does, report it to your dealer so they have a record of the problem in case it happens again.  I've never seen it on mine, and I haven't read any reports elsewhere either.

39 minutes ago, Shug said:

Call VW assist, and get them to come out.

Pretty sure illegal to drive without working speedo, so should get a response

What's VW assist? When I bought my brand new Golf R I was told I just had 1 year AA cover.

4 hours ago, dopper99 said:

What's VW assist? When I bought my brand new Golf R I was told I just had 1 year AA cover.

Thought for year 1 this was VW. Maybe they sub to AA?

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/assistance

Regardless call whatever number you have and get it checked before you drive if still out...