leonrrr

Rpm res delete anti drone

Has anyone had the rpm performance res delete anti drone pipe fitted,does it stop the drone? It’s nearly half the price of the bcs powervalve anti drone pipe

On 08/05/2019 at 20:35, Lee63 said:

Also interested emoji6.png my vagsport one howls like a **** on the motorway emoji29.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad it’s not just me then got the flaps coded open too 😟 but on normal roads it’s fine luckily I don’t use the r on motorway much

I've had one of these fitted for just over a month now and have to say overall I'm impressed with it!

Sounds amazing as far as I'm concerned, in 'normal' driving mode it's barely noticable under normal driving conditions. Just a bit throatier than stock although I do experience drone at just under 3k revs, 2.8-3k ish which I can only say I hit if I cruise at 80 (and by 80 I of course mean only 70 and not a sinlge mph over ;);) ). 

I've had family in the car since the res delete went on and they've not been able to tell from inside the cabin that anything had changed.

In race mode it's a different story, much much louder in the cabin, much louder outside and lots of bubbling/garbling/popping/banging whatever you want to call it which all equates to a big simle on my face!  Again done between 2.8-3k revs but I find it perfectably tollerable and worth it.

All of the above is of course my personal opinion and I've not experienced a car with a res delete that doesn't have the anti-drone pipe to compare or the BCS (BSC?) one that people rate very highly to make any kind of comparison but for the £168 I think it's well worth the money!