On 26/05/2019 at 18:17, goodbadboy said:

To help me and possibly others...show us your "stance".....I'm very close to pushing the button the some lowering springs...and possibly spacers also

I'm leaning towards Eibach Pro Kit, but am am interested to know the set up others are running..whether its stock and your happy with it...or lowering springs...or springs with spacers...I'm just trying to gather as much information as possible before taking the next step..So please post pics of your "R"...and show us your stance

I'll start...Some pics of my current set up..I have DCC and the comfort and ride is perfect in all modes...but am not a fan of the stock wheel gap

Because the Eibach Springs only offer a subtle drop of 15mm I'm wondering if I need some spacers to finish off the look I'm going for...

What are your thoughts?...Trying to get as many pics of members cars as possible..(no matter what your ride height set up)

Cheers everyone 

:smiley:

20190427_093333.jpg

20190427_093348.jpg

2016 VW Golf R Large Side On Pic 3.jpg

20190427_093434.jpg

Compare my old stance to now....Leyo Springs...25mm drop plus ECS Flush Kit...Night and Day difference....:smiley::afro:

Rides great....no rubbing....Stance is much more to my liking...:afro:

New stance below...:wink:

My Golf R at work after having spacers fitted.jpg

3 hours ago, goodbadboy said:

Stance is much more to my liking

Looks spot on, Paul.  Think you’ve nailed it there, especially with the Gunmetal.  Just need Black Caps now (🤔)
No rubbing, bottoming, grounding out or some such?  What happens when you have passengers.  Still drawn to Bilsteins further on after your planned engine works?
Asking not because I’m going to Lower myself...but I have experience of the potential pitfalls in a former universe 😂

I have trouble getting my jack under the front on std springs, if I lowered it I would have no chance.  Also I have a few steep driveway to road entrances to negotiate regularly where I go quite close to scraping as is, so I can't see me ever lowering my wagon.

Note that I am using Rennstands (made by Safe Jack) which require extra clearance above the jack (have a look at the video to see how they work).

https://safejacks.com/products/the-rennstand-by-safe-jack-single-unit

19 hours ago, NRW said:

Looks spot on, Paul.  Think you’ve nailed it there, especially with the Gunmetal.  Just need Black Caps now (🤔)
No rubbing, bottoming, grounding out or some such?  What happens when you have passengers.  Still drawn to Bilsteins further on after your planned engine works?
Asking not because I’m going to Lower myself...but I have experience of the potential pitfalls in a former universe 😂

Thanks Neil....Ride is spot on...no rubbing....no clearance issues....Car rides great..with only me or with passengers....No way am I getting different mirror caps...I love the silver...:smiley:

Stance looks good...Flush kit was just what was needed....10mm front and 17,.5mm rear spacers...I was going Bilstein's B16 if I wasn't happy with the new spring and spacer set....am am pretty happy now...so next mods are IE Cold Air Intake...then Downpipe....Stage 2 tune...DSG tune...then exhaust....:afro:....Over 400 BHP Here I come...:lol:

ST springs /20mm drop 
Team dynamics 1.2 18s et45 - 3mm front spacers + 8mm rear spacers 

IMG_20190928_172349.thumb.jpg.3bd88b85a6435bda718eea217ba240ee.jpg
Are they 18z calipers? Plenty of brake clearance with the TDs?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, GotAnR32 said:

Are they 18z calipers? Plenty of brake clearance with the TDs?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

These are 8pit brembo's and I am using 3mm spacers to clear the brakes. ET of the wheel is 45

On 07/02/2020 at 21:50, Jacobrownoly said:

Bilstein B14

H&R 8mm front 12mm rear spacers 

72B50644-B903-4598-9E0A-29813E089FBE.thumb.jpeg.7a16a39aab55e6c6958411bb4d586dd6.jpegEB96B71C-C7D0-4579-ACE6-AFD30D77BC35.thumb.jpeg.0c37c1d53888daac6959a875903c61da.jpeg4C3D9418-2033-4800-9576-77BBB2E9197D.thumb.jpeg.cce45104688271c4afa5e520c38e697f.jpeg

Looks the perfect height...

But just wondering if these are the B14's at their lowest setting or is there still room left to go lower?

On 18/02/2020 at 21:16, Dave S said:

Looks the perfect height...

But just wondering if these are the B14's at their lowest setting or is there still room left to go lower?

The rear is at its lowest and the fronts could go a little more but tbh I wouldn't want to unless I was going on a track as it scraps on bumps as it is at the minute. I am probably going to have to heighten the front a tad for these Scottish roads.