Clubsport S Brake discs & pads - Straight swap?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Straight swap, perfect fit, no dramas 

I’ll soon need new front pads, so I’m considering the Clubsport S route on my ‘15 plate R. However I’m cautious as the part numbers show different for discs, pads, callipers etc. I can order what I ne

Straight swap Callipers are the same just the pad covers are different being silver. Check out my build thread I may have show part numbers when I fitted mine. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Images

1 hour ago, slider09 said:

Are the pads different to stock R pads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pads are indeed different on the clubsport s, can expect slightly higher heat resistance however this will be offset marginally by the R being slightly heavier than their intended use.

Also at the same time these are an OEM brake pad so can’t be expected to live with an absolute murdering like a dedicated track pad.

• 2 years later...

My car is a performance pack car. Specced it from new (everything but leather seats and DCC).

The discs are in that pack for circa 3k including a lip spoiler (removed and changed to oettinger) and top speed increased (done via tuning anyway) lol. 

Discs did 30k miles before they lipped and 2 sets of pads so not to bad. Attached are the new ones I put on about a month ago and photo of the box labels if that helps.

Jon

E906C3B5-7955-4AD7-840B-D992C5F41302.jpeg

17222A40-3F60-4CDB-9D5D-C2384AD3D715.jpeg

843CEE7E-E42D-43FF-9147-1A2125B8819B.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 06/06/2019 at 17:30, Rob2k68 said:

Straight swap emoji106.png

Callipers are the same just the pad covers are different being silver.

Check out my build thread I may have show part numbers when I fitted mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi

I just got a quote back from the dealer where I bought my car (2018 car, facelift no performance pack) and they told me he wasn’t sure they would fit. The calipers of the performance pack have a different code than my car ( non- performance pack). He also told me there might be a difference in bolts or clearance room for the pads due to different bearings ?  🤔🤷‍♂️ 
This got me starting to doubt.

I told him a lot of R owners have made the mod already,he answered ok if you are sure. But he still couldn’t guarantee me they would fit.
After some more chatting he told me the price ! ! 
600 EUR per disc and 270 EUR per brake pad, so around 1600EUR in total without labour !

Is this a normal price these days ?? I know everything is getting more expensive but come on… 

I live in Belgium, but that shouldn’t make such a difference. 

Just would like to know for peace of mind that you need no extra’s next to the discs and pads.

Would it be possible to only fit the performance pack/ clubsport s discs and still keep the normal brake pads ?
Actually my discs and pads are still ok, but I do love  the look of the aluminium bells and drilled disc faces. 

Maybe someone can recommend a good website to get these  OEM performance pack discs at a normal price ? 
🥴

On 11/05/2022 at 20:17, Steven G. said:

Hi

I just got a quote back from the dealer where I bought my car (2018 car, facelift no performance pack) and they told me he wasn’t sure they would fit. The calipers of the performance pack have a different code than my car ( non- performance pack). He also told me there might be a difference in bolts or clearance room for the pads due to different bearings ?  🤔🤷‍♂️ 
This got me starting to doubt.

I told him a lot of R owners have made the mod already,he answered ok if you are sure. But he still couldn’t guarantee me they would fit.
After some more chatting he told me the price ! ! 
600 EUR per disc and 270 EUR per brake pad, so around 1600EUR in total without labour !

Is this a normal price these days ?? I know everything is getting more expensive but come on… 

I live in Belgium, but that shouldn’t make such a difference. 

Just would like to know for peace of mind that you need no extra’s next to the discs and pads.

Would it be possible to only fit the performance pack/ clubsport s discs and still keep the normal brake pads ?
Actually my discs and pads are still ok, but I do love  the look of the aluminium bells and drilled disc faces. 

Maybe someone can recommend a good website to get these  OEM performance pack discs at a normal price ? 
🥴

Clubsport S discs & pads are a straight replacement for any R so have no worries about purchasing a set, price of the discs have increased slightly and currently will set you back £400 a pair with pads coming in at around £170 

P/N for discs 5Q0 615 301 C   P/N for pads 5Q0698151AG

On 16/05/2022 at 00:13, Stobsie said:

Clubsport S discs & pads are a straight replacement for any R so have no worries about purchasing a set, price of the discs have increased slightly and currently will set you back £400 a pair with pads coming in at around £170 

Thanks for your confirmation! This has convinced me again. Shame my dealer doesn’t have the knowledge … 

any recommendations for a good company/ website in the UK that ships to Belgium ? 

22 minutes ago, Steven G. said:

Thanks for your confirmation! This has convinced me again. Shame my dealer doesn’t have the knowledge … 

any recommendations for a good company/ website in the UK that ships to Belgium ? 

Some links to suppliers in this post.  https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/38188-brake-advice-after-high-vw-quote/?do=findComment&comment=567582

On 15/05/2022 at 23:13, Stobsie said:

For the look that’s not a bad price