stonefish

Any experienced Torque Pro users on the forum?

I've produced some custom PIDS for monitoring the Haldex on my 7R.  PIDS are Haldex Blockage (% of engagement of Haldex clutch), Haldex pump current, Front left wheel speed, front right, rear left and rear right.  You will need a quality Bluetooth or WIFI OBD2 dongle that supports commands like ATAL and ATCRA. Chinese clones probably won't work 😉 .  There is an app called "ELM327 identifier" on Google Play Store which will tell you if your device supports above commands. 

1) Create a new Vehicle Profile and in the "Very Advanced"  part of the Vehicle Editor add ATAL \n ATSP6 \n

2) Download CSV file (link below) which needs to be unzipped and copied to the .torque/extendedpids directory on your mobile.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/atccz12t3o3w998/AADzs-d0UeM28eKiRsDGPdyIa?dl=0

Personally, I have only used the Data logging on Torque Pro and exported the data to an Excel spreadsheet. I'm not sure whether the dials will work for these??

I've not produced a step-by-step guide yet as I would like some experienced users to have a go first.  I expect some of the experts might point out a better way to do this, but I have done a few logging sessions and the data seems to compare well to results from VCDS.   More work is needed.

Hopefully people with a good working knowledge of Torque Pro will be able to get it working using my basic instructions, but if you have any questions I'll try and answer them.

54 minutes ago, SpursMadDave said:

Did you ever try the dials?

Just trying out Torque Pro on my mib

b0a28d3cb6a6ca0efd9447ef0cc7208e.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

How do you get that to show up?

How do you get that to show up?
If you are on Android, install XDA app and search for OBDAA it's an app that cost 1.99 then as long as you have an OBD2 BT device and AA you can link it all up.
I have used the devs other app to out AA on my missus Android tablet in her car and saw this so thought I would give it a try as I had an old OBD BT device. It works ok but I need a better BT device and a switchable BT 2 way adapter as I have a P3 gauge plugged in too. Just a bit of fun and looks pretty good when it is all working

I'm glad you resurrected this thread as I completely forgot about it.  I think I'll have to splash out the £1.99 for this app and have a play. To read the useful data you need an genuine ELM327 dongle. There's lots of dongles out there that claim to be ELM327 but aren't. Use the app mentioned in post #1 to verify  🙂 

I'm glad you resurrected this thread as I completely forgot about it.  I think I'll have to splash out the £1.99 for this app and have a play. To read the useful data you need an genuine ELM327 dongle. There's lots of dongles out there that claim to be ELM327 but aren't. Use the app mentioned in post #1 to verify   
Yeah I tried the app you mentioned. I'm not sure that the app that puts torque on the mib is actually able to read customs pids though. I added a couple in the 2 haldex ones and they show up in toque Pro but not in the obdAA app
Have emailed the dev and asked him

Looks like my cheapo OBD adapter is actually ok after all

Handy to be able to see Haldex info

Any idea on a pid for transmission temp, oil temp or tpms values?

Waiting for a reply on custom pids on the mib via AA 327f65f7beb7137c55b29abb07896d32.jpg

Cool, I'm surprised it worked because it failed the ATCRA command, but it is good you are getting data.  

Oil temperature should be a basic pid which should be easily found.  There seem to be basic pids which can be found listed on the web and work for all manufacturers and manufacturer specific which require sniffing the canbus while using a program like VCDS.   

@SpursMadDave Did you buy OBD2AA recently?

Cool, I'm surprised it worked because it failed the ATCRA command, but it is good you are getting data.  

Oil temperature should be a basic pid which should be easily found.  There seem to be basic pids which can be found listed on the web and work for all manufacturers and manufacturer specific which require sniffing the canbus while using a program like VCDS.   

[mention=24525]SpursMadDave[/mention] Did you buy OBD2AA recently?

Yeah will start trawling the Web looking for pids... And yeah surprised it works myself but it does so happy with that

Yeah I bought the OBD2AA app just last week...