LUG

Should I Buy??

So I have procrastinated about buying a Golf R for nearly a year now, in fact I did purchase one and the purchase went very wrong on collection  which kinda put me off spending so much money.

Either-way I am pondering on purchasing this car below, can anyone give their opinions on price for spec please??

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201903296405270

Is anyone local and seen this in person? very close to pulling the trigger on it. Any opinions welcome please.

Thanks

Scott

I'd just add that there are loads of secondhand Rs on the market. My local dealer has about 20! Make sure you get the exact spec you're after. There's loads of choice. Good luck with your purchase.

I'd just add that there are loads of secondhand Rs on the market. My local dealer has about 20! Make sure you get the exact spec you're after. There's loads of choice. Good luck with your purchase.

I’ve been looking for months for the spec I want in a 3DR and it’s been fruitless and frustrating waiting for one to come up

I need to purchase a car so wondering what people opinions are on this one.

3DR’s aren’t as common in the used market.

Wouldn’t worry about mileage as long as proper service history is present. 

Looks a reasonable spec tbf! Can never go far wrong with a golf, especially as a daily.

Hi mate. It is a big decision, yes.  But I think very few regret buying an R.  If this is the colour etc you’re looking g for - and it all floats ya boat (some insist on Pretorias/ DCC/Pan Roof/ Dynaudio/ Camera as these are ££options but you don’t pay Big style when second hand.  They can be dear to retrofit tho....unless you’re a VW Technician.

There are pros/cons to buying from a Dealer - but warranty and back up can be worth a lot if anything goes wrong.  

If this is the One you have it - but get some goodies thrown in (servicing, warranty, boot mat, low rate finance, meticulous stone chip repairs). and some money knocked of to sugar  the pill and make you feel a winner.

There are many others around, but you can search for a long time to find an exact car for you. 

Good luck, and let’s know what you do mate.👍

5 minutes ago, NRW said:

Hi mate. It is a big decision, yes.  But I think very few regret buying an R.  If this is the colour etc you’re looking g for - and it all floats ya boat (some insist on Pretorias/ DCC/Pan Roof/ Dynaudio/ Camera as these are ££options but you don’t pay Big style when second hand.  They can be dear to retrofit tho....unless you’re a VW Technician.

There are pros/cons to buying from a Dealer - but warranty and back up can be worth a lot if anything goes wrong.  

If this is the One you have it - but get some goodies thrown in (servicing, warranty, boot mat, low rate finance, meticulous stone chip repairs). and some money knocked of to sugar  the pill and make you feel a winner.

There are many others around, but you can search for a long time to find an exact car for you. 

Good luck, and let’s know what you do mate.👍

its not quite the spec I was after, would have preferred Climate Windscreen and Lapiz Blue. Prets aren't a big want for me, prone to damage and I quite like the look of the Cadiz alloys. Even the Carbon Nappa wasn't a huge selling point for me, dont mind the Black standard cloth on the 7.5 and would prefer DCC lol I am talking myself out of this as I type it but honestly I'm bored of looking for the perfect spec and I need a car as I had a crash a few weeks back, first one in 15 years and im currently loaning one.

Ive managed to get some discount off them and a full tank of fuel just wanted other peoples opinions on this car and spec for the price and if anyone lived local and seen it in person.

I think I will be putting down a despot and going down Friday unless anyone or myself 😂 persuades me otherwise.

Whats anyone's thoughts on the price?

Thanks to all the replies and yes it is big decision and purchase for me, basically a years wage after tax lol

When spending 20-30K you do ideally want it to be the spec your after.

Mine was between lapiz and black however I believe that these cars are designed for the lapiz with a few touches here and there (clock needles, gear knob top) being blue which compliments it. 

Just a thought but may be worth a mention to the dealer to see if they have anything in their network which comes closer to your wants? At this point you have all the power and the salesman should be doing whatever needed to try seal the deal. Some of them do sometimes need reminding that your doing them a favour in buying a car 😂

8 hours ago, LUG said:

its not quite the spec I was after, would have preferred Climate Windscreen and Lapiz Blue. Prets aren't a big want for me, prone to damage and I quite like the look of the Cadiz alloys. Even the Carbon Nappa wasn't a huge selling point for me, dont mind the Black standard cloth on the 7.5 and would prefer DCC lol I am talking myself out of this as I type it but honestly I'm bored of looking for the perfect spec and I need a car as I had a crash a few weeks back, first one in 15 years and im currently loaning one.

Ive managed to get some discount off them and a full tank of fuel just wanted other peoples opinions on this car and spec for the price and if anyone lived local and seen it in person.

I think I will be putting down a despot and going down Friday unless anyone or myself 😂 persuades me otherwise.

Whats anyone's thoughts on the price?

Thanks to all the replies and yes it is big decision and purchase for me, basically a years wage after tax lol

Sorry mate, it doesn’t sound to me that it’s the right one for you from what you say - it’s not Lapiz blue, you’ll be paying for the fancy Leather that you don’t really lust after.  The Climate Screen is fab but not sure how many will have this option (even tho it’s fitted to Ford Fiestas Zetec upwards...)

Lapiz Blue, DCC isn’t a loaded car.  It’s easy for me to say , but don’t buy if you’re not sure.. you don’t want to be saying 2 years on..wish I’d got a Lapiz Blue R.

..”buy in haste, regret at your leisure”

👍

It's like finding the right woman.  When you know she's the one you know.

No point spending all that money and having doubts.  Just ask my mate Gary lol.  I told him he shouldn't marry his gf if he doubts and now 8 years later its a messy divorce 

Don't do this to me lads I'm all ready to purchase 😂

I dont mind Black, that's what my old Golf was, they are bitch to keep clean but I fancied a change with Lapiz Blue and I do think it looks a little better, I've just not been able to find one for my price range and spec and I've been looking too long now I'm exhausted.

I've had several dealers looking for me, but 3DR Facelift models in Lapiz blue are normally +30K which I dont have and I dont want to purchase private at this price range really.

I am compromising here but I need a car lol, worst case scenario I trade it in for a Blue if I am seriously unhappy down the line (unlikely).

Anyone else want to throw more doubt my way lol ?? Do appreciate the replies though adds food for thought 😃

My immediate thought on a 12 month old car with a fair few miles and an unusual, highly visible and expensive option (carbon nappa was £2500), then base spec everything else is that it's an ex demo.

I'm with everyone else - these aren't a rare car, even in 3dr, so wait for the car you really want rather than compromising on spec/colour and regretting it later.  Black cars are an absolute nightmare to keep clean and show every little mark.

Much of the comment above for/against the spec and colour are subjective, I took three months to find the spec I wanted with only a couple of must have's that I wouldn't compromise on Doors, Colour and DSG..  Other options such as nav , wheels, DCC, leather & Appconnect were on my wish-list, but not prerequisite.  

Only you can make the choice if it's the one...  

2 hours ago, LUG said:

Either-way I am pondering on purchasing this car below, can anyone give their opinions on price for spec please??

With regards to Price for the Spec, it's from a VW main dealer and they're consistent across garages so you're not going to find the same significantly cheaper from VW.

Just my 10¢

Good luck in finding the a car...... That's if you've not already done so ;o)