Hello mate,

I have experience with powder coating via work. There shouldn’t be any imperfections like that to be honest. That looks pretty poor.

Also I’d say they were scratches, not dirt. If not caused by you, another reason to take them back. I would imagine they will propagate into worse cracks/flakes over time.

7 hours ago, Kaisah said:

Hello mate,

I have experience with powder coating via work. There shouldn’t be any imperfections like that to be honest. That looks pretty poor.

Also I’d say they were scratches, not dirt. If not caused by you, another reason to take them back. I would imagine they will propagate into worse cracks/flakes over time.

Thanks for this, tbh I don’t know what to do, it’s so frustrating. The guy did say he would do them again if I wasn’t happy but it turns out he’s actually far away from where I stay as he came and collected them from me which was another reason I choose him. It’s the whole faff of taking the wheels off again too and having no car for a few days which is just a pain.

Interestingly he told me that some bubbles/dimples is normal in powercoating too 🤔

I don’t think that photo did them any justice to be fair as I don’t think it’s as bad as everyone is making out. I do think they look great on the car but again it was just those dimples that raised concerned.  Again, he said not to be concerned about the dimples chipping/flaking as it’s polyester powder and not paint. 

Thanks for everyone’s input 👍🏼

27 minutes ago, Jacobrownoly said:

Thanks for this, tbh I don’t know what to do, it’s so frustrating. The guy did say he would do them again if I wasn’t happy but it turns out he’s actually far away from where I stay as he came and collected them from me which was another reason I choose him. It’s the whole faff of taking the wheels off again too and having no car for a few days which is just a pain.

Interestingly he told me that some bubbles/dimples is normal in powercoating too 🤔

I don’t think that photo did them any justice to be fair as I don’t think it’s as bad as everyone is making out. I do think they look great on the car but again it was just those dimples that raised concerned.  Again, he said not to be concerned about the dimples chipping/flaking as it’s polyester powder and not paint. 

Thanks for everyone’s input 👍🏼

The Guy shows he is keen to give  a good service & satisfaction, by offering to re -do.  Fair play to him then then.

42 minutes ago, NRW said:

The Guy shows he is keen to give  a good service & satisfaction, by offering to re -do.  Fair play to him then then.

Still don’t know if it’s worth the faff or not getting them re-done again. I think I am too OCD with these kinda things. DCE6F39E-F81E-4551-8024-404D43978600.thumb.jpeg.6a2608c6d40c43218665d8cbb0a851b9.jpegD4D6213A-A6A3-4C28-8F0E-5EAE7593360D.thumb.jpeg.7ba8cd8cc92f233e18b4ed9411162035.jpeg8419B171-135C-4699-A215-F4E271DAF024.thumb.jpeg.a758465b2847549d9e9250f2d4c6c456.jpeg

26 minutes ago, SpursMadDave said:

That is kind of what a forum is about though emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Agreed. This One seems really helpful imo..  I ve found in the few weeks since joining some of the advice, tips, tricks lessons etc really are worth their weight in gold.  Also some of the less brill things I’ve done or do, haha.

Big range: Advice re the really big things like how and where to buy could save £thousands...TO

the VW Part number for a Wheelcap.  Brilliant. Can’t keep off it. 

Its the sharing of knowledge (hard earned) that makes it so good. Thank you Dave as a frequent, major Contributor.

😀👍

So just to update. I have given the guy 2 of the wheels back for him to powder coat free of charge (even though it took up most of my night driving to him) so here's hoping he does a better job on them!  The other 2 on the car are fine to me but the 2 he is re-doing where unacceptable.

He did seem to be apologetic and wanted me to be happy with the end result.

I will report back when I get them back!

Thanks all. 

So just to update. I have given the guy 2 of the wheels back for him to powder coat free of charge (even though it took up most of my night driving to him) so here's hoping he does a better job on them!  The other 2 on the car are fine to me but the 2 he is re-doing where unacceptable.

He did seem to be apologetic and wanted me to be happy with the end result.

I will report back when I get them back!

Thanks all. 
Sounds like a good result

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Good decision after all you are the person paying for them to be done right and if you are not happy then get them sorted .

The guy seems to be a good guy if he is willing to redo them for you , and as said if good tell the world .

1 minute ago, Jacobrownoly said:

C0459913-A0D8-41A4-8045-B0A9657692A2.thumb.jpeg.d867a19ff8efdd56cecb58e0d98b147a.jpeg

Got the 2 wheels back tonight after getting re-done. Really happy with them now. Looks like the guy has done a much better job this time! 🤗👍🏼

Thanks for the help guys! 

Good result.  Everybody Happy. Good Powder Coater work.  I see the Cat is carefully inspecting the final finish too. 😂

Just now, NRW said:

Good result.  Everybody Happy. Good Powder Coater work.  I see the Cat is carefully inspecting the final finish too. 😂

Haha yeah! If you look closer there is another one inspecting the inside of the wheel too! 😂👍🏼

7 hours ago, Jacobrownoly said:

C0459913-A0D8-41A4-8045-B0A9657692A2.thumb.jpeg.d867a19ff8efdd56cecb58e0d98b147a.jpeg

Got the 2 wheels back tonight after getting re-done. Really happy with them now. Looks like the guy has done a much better job this time! 🤗👍🏼

Thanks for the help guys! 

Looks like the cat is having a close inspection of something similarly black, shiny and beautiful!  Nice to hear you got a great result and good on the guy for stepping up and doing the right thing.  

Next time I need to bring an Alloy wheel indoors for cleaning, polishing/sealing I’m showing the pic to my Lovely wife and will claim it’s a new type of adventure toy for cats.

just a shame we ain’t got cats anymore.😀