My 7.5 R is coming up to 25k miles and I have just noticed the first sign of wear on the drivers seat side support bolster.

Every Golf I have owned succumbs to this, wonder if anyone has a practical solution to prevent this happening apart from a dodgy seat cover?

My 7.5 R is coming up to 25k miles and I have just noticed the first sign of wear on the drivers seat side support bolster.

Every Golf I have owned succumbs to this, wonder if anyone has a practical solution to prevent this happening apart from a dodgy seat cover?

Picture?

3 hours ago, Andygo said:

Lose weight?

Be more careful getting in and out?

Don't keep loose change or other hard items in your back pocket. Be careful if you wear jeans that have studs / rivets on rear pockets.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I'm really careful how I get in and out of the car. I  sort of (gently) drop myself into the seat, barely touching the offending section of the bolster, and getting out, I try not to put any weight there either. It's a habit I have developed since my first Golf GTi (a MK1 when they were new back in the day) and probably another 8 owned since. Not all were new, and having looked at dozens over the years, nearly all displayed this trait.

Maybe I should have put this in the "things I dislike about my golf" thread, together with all the other moaners, of which clearly I am now one of lol.

IMG_7548.thumb.JPG.675354a069f445f3cdf37dce5f9cea93.JPG

I'm really careful how I get in and out of the car. I  sort of (gently) drop myself into the seat, barely touching the offending section of the bolster, and getting out, I try not to put any weight there either. It's a habit I have developed since my first Golf GTi (a MK1 when they were new back in the day) and probably another 8 owned since. Not all were new, and having looked at dozens over the years, nearly all displayed this trait.

Maybe I should have put this in the "things I dislike about my golf" thread, together with all the other moaners, of which clearly I am now one of lol.

IMG_7548.thumb.JPG.675354a069f445f3cdf37dce5f9cea93.JPG

You could try using a hairdryer on high (but at a safe distance) to try and warm up the foam underneath and then “massage” the area to work out the creases you see. Make the material a little damp as well beforehand.