R 4 life

Watford citygate vw disgusting behaviour

Been using Vw Watford for a couple years with no real issues, but Tuesday they showed disgusting customer service.booked my car in for a health check and to check a few other issues,I had noticed coolant level went down quick after they recently repaired the water pump and thermostat, a few months ago this cost me £550 to fix,i’ve also had the infamous clicking front wheels issue I asked them to look at and I asked them to check battery level as had 12v warning,I told the Vw rep all this when I booked her inn,so arrived at 9 after waiting around for abit I was greeted by a worker in service department who told me car would be looked after and should expect car back by lunch time which at this point I should have questioned why it would take 3 hours to do a few checks but I know normally cars can sit about in the workshop for abit before being looked at, I got the car back about 12.20 and was told everything was checked and ok,was told the Coolant does go up and down abit when driving,there were no problem with wheel hubs and battery was ok, so drove off and though all was good, checked my dash cam footage today to find that all my motion detection files had been erased from Tuesday backwards, but I have found 2 parking incident files which shows them putting car on ramp and 2 driving incident files which show someone driving my car near Watford football stadium,they had no reason to go that far with the car as they have quieter roads nearer there garage for test drives,I was not told that they would be test driving my car and when I booked car in was told if a test drive is needed then I would be in the car when it happened, and I can’t see why a test drive would be needed for a health check when I arrived at the stealers the man dealing with my vehicle informed me that there was no mention of checking the wheel clicking or checking battery on papework,and on video I can see they were driving my car quite fast over speed humps which set off my driving incident recording on my dash cam,and i’m fuming that they have deleted all my motion detection files,which is quite easy to do as any one can download the Thinkware camera app and log in to dash cam,I called Vw customer service today to make a complaint and was told I will get a call back on Monday,I told them if any speeding fines were incurred on there test drive then I would go straight to police, which is why I wanted Vw uk to note it as a official complaint,feel let down by Vw Watford and will be using another garage in future for my vehicle.

The lady in customer service asked what outcome I would like to come from this,I said I want to make it an official complaint incase they got any speeding tickets or damaged suspension,I have footage of the techs putting it on ramp and footage of them going fast over speed humps which triggered my dash cam as driving collision, i’ve looked all over car can’t see any damage,just really regret taking it inn for a health check now,and definetly won’t be going back there,customer service said there a franchise and have there own complaints procedure so not sure what Vw uk can really do.

I do feel to go in there and kick off but I don’t see how that will help as they’ve already ragged it without telling me,no doubt they will say they haven’t touched the dash cam and were taking car for test drive,but I do have footage of them going over speed humps fast and will forward videos to Vw uk Monday,also there customer car park is tiny and get door dings every time I go there.

Just getting in here before Spurs Mad Dave does. I can only think he is posting on another thread just now....

But yes, they are taking the mickey. Caught on Camera - they are nicked!
Haha no I'm here Andy

Heard this so many times about various dealers (not just VW)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I do feel to go in there and kick off but I don’t see how that will help as they’ve already ragged it without telling me,no doubt they will say they haven’t touched the dash cam and were taking car for test drive,but I do have footage of them going over speed humps fast and will forward videos to Vw uk Monday,also there customer car park is tiny and get door dings every time I go there.
Personally I would send the cam footage to VWCS and ask them what they are going to do?
A free service (not there!) would be acceptable maybe?

I have jus sent video footage to the online customer service e mail link and will call again tomorrow and send video footage to the rep dealing with my case,it’s disgusting behaviour they flew over speed humps and hit them hard enough for driving collision files to be recorded,and they deleted all motion detection files,regretting taking car for health check now,will try and find a good Indy in future,no notes were taken on car when I delivered it,no notes on mileage or condition,have used them before and never had any issues but really wound me up this time,if they told me it needed a test drive i would of said ok but after seeing how they drive I will not let them take car out again if i need warranty work done as I have extended warranty then I will accompany them on test drive but will go for service and mot elsewhere,they will probably offer to check car at a different Vw garage for any damage and if they do offer free service I will keep an eye on cars coming in and out of there garage while I’m there.

18 minutes ago, R 4 life said:

I have jus sent video footage to the online customer service e mail link and will call again tomorrow and send video footage to the rep dealing with my case,it’s disgusting behaviour they flew over speed humps and hit them hard enough for driving collision files to be recorded,and they deleted all motion detection files,regretting taking car for health check now,will try and find a good Indy in future,no notes were taken on car when I delivered it,no notes on mileage or condition,have used them before and never had any issues but really wound me up this time,if they told me it needed a test drive i would of said ok but after seeing how they drive I will not let them take car out again if i need warranty work done as I have extended warranty then I will accompany them on test drive but will go for service and mot elsewhere,they will probably offer to check car at a different Vw garage for any damage and if they do offer free service I will keep an eye on cars coming in and out of there garage while I’m there.

It is disgusting and you must be seriously p!ssed at what has taken place. It’s definitely worth sending them the video footage. Even though you can’t see any damage, should you have anything occur that could be a result of their treatment of the car whilst driving it, you’ve got that recorded with VWCS.  

What wheels have you?  Prets?  If so, knowing their well documented propensity to buckle and bend I’d be wanting them checked. 

Just got Cadiz at the mo,I’m normally very careful driving the car so feel violated now like cars been joy riden,and I’m not sure how long they were driving car for as was there for 3 hours,they probably parked it in a terrible car park and got lunch,these people are scum and are geting paid top money by Volkswagen to fix cars,when a handful of them are joy riding customer cars and deleting dash cam footage.

Some garages will unplug dash cams while they have the car with them.

I have a tracker which they can’t unplug and noticed on my app that my car had left the garage

at lunch time and returned in the afternoon. I wasn’t happy but didn’t let them know I knew the car had

been used by someone for transport as the car was only in for some wheels to be refurbished so shouldn’t 

needed to be moved that distance.

Some garages will unplug dash cams while they have the car with them.
I have a tracker which they can’t unplug and noticed on my app that my car had left the garage
at lunch time and returned in the afternoon. I wasn’t happy but didn’t let them know I knew the car had
been used by someone for transport as the car was only in for some wheels to be refurbished so shouldn’t 
needed to be moved that distance.

Yeah they are quite within their rights to unplug or disable the dashcam as its data protection, as for picking up their lunch that's another story

Just got Cadiz at the mo,I’m normally very careful driving the car so feel violated now like cars been joy riden,and I’m not sure how long they were driving car for as was there for 3 hours,they probably parked it in a terrible car park and got lunch,these people are scum and are geting paid top money by Volkswagen to fix cars,when a handful of them are joy riding customer cars and deleting dash cam footage.
Yeah not a nice feeling knowing your car has been used like this. If the car required a road test for something then that's different but to just take the car out and basically joyride it, almost amount to TWOC although no point trying to go down that route as handing your keys over pretty much argues that away.
Be interesting what VWCS say, I would go straight to them and deal with them calmly but assertuvely, no point talkin g to the dealer as that will surely just escalate into arguments and get more complicated...

That’s terrible! I actually know a guy who worked for VW and was caught using a customers car for the lunch run and was caught and you can imagine what happened.

With regards to the clicking are you lowered in any way? I have a single ticking noise coming from the front left but I now suspect it’s suspension bolts