goodbadboy

What is the quickest car you've ever driven?

Probably my mates new RS6 across europe..felt like a proper beast on unlimited roads...to much for uk roads tbh.. Cant remember if it was 550 or 600bhp combined with 4wd and a comfortable interior.   

We comically got caught up in a Merc AMG convoy in germany who were seemingly testing cars with the camouflage paintwork....everyone was really cracking on.

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 03:41, Gavras said:

I must admit I hate when 0-60 is used when referring to quickest car.

Additionally, I would use potentially needs to be applied with some cars.

for example.

while in Rimini Italy we were lucky enough to have a go at driving a Ferrari down runway, there is no way on earth I got the best start and run, the car is far better than the driver, ditto a Viper run in the US.

anyhow, likely a mix of GTR, Ferrari, Dodge Viper SRT, however all where runway max speed type runs, rather than 0-60, more 0-100 + type of thing.

I know what you mean, Gav.  Quickest point-to-point would be a better reference but not always practical to measure/compare.  At least we know quickest isn't the same as fastest, which implies top speed.  Anyway, my quickest does refer to acceleration:  dual-motor Tesla Model S (my brother has owned three over the years) with Ludicrous button engaged.  Pretty amazing.

My neighbours stage2 RS6 with 730bhp. It is a pure monster. 

Also driven a V12 murchialago on track as well as a supercharged atom. Only car to scare me is the RS6 due to the sheer bhp and torque it's got. 

I used to think my friends Lotus Carlton back in about 1995.

Having looked at the performance it seems nothing between the Carlton and a Golf R either 0-60 or quarter mile times. Crazy considering it was a 3600cc twin turbo monster!

Top speed shows as 180mph but out of respect held back once hit 130mph as seemed terrifying in that big old bus of a car 😭

Corvette C7 Z06. 650 horses.

Mate of mine turned up in it unannounced a day or 2 after it had arrived from the States. I was lucky enough that he gave me a drive in it, albeit on public highway. Two days later he had it taken off him by the cops and licence revoked indefinitely.

8 hours ago, AlanH said:

Corvette C7 Z06. 650 horses.

Mate of mine turned up in it unannounced a day or 2 after it had arrived from the States. I was lucky enough that he gave me a drive in it, albeit on public highway. Two days later he had it taken off him by the cops and licence revoked indefinitely.

Seems he couldn't resist the temptation of 650 horses :(

It always pays to remember there is an appropriate time and a place for many activities that could otherwise get you in serious trouble.

0-60 would be our people carrier (sub 3 secs).

Top speed our old posh car (202 according to the book, I didn't go that fast). 

Fastest combination of the two down a B road, probably the R!

Single seater F3000 car at Palmersports day. Small engine but light as a feather with downforce. Great great fun hooning that round a track trying to get fastest time. Then you get to see the recorded times and see how some people did it 20 seconds quicker than you!! Jeez.......

My R8 V10 Plus isn't that much quicker than my Unicorn 7R on normal roads, but round a track it's an entirely different story.........

Drove a Lamborgini Huracan at Brands about 2 weeks ago. Queitish track, and the best instructor I've ever had (he was a nutter of an Australian). I had it sideways, with tyres smoking round Druids. By god that car is quick, and sounds amazing, and it was less than a week old

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk