Has anyone blacked these silver bits on the lower grill on a 7.5 r? If you have could you post some pics as wanted to see how it would look.

Thanks

B7F1CC23-8013-4339-A9C5-EDE9898CBD22.jpeg

The ones in the photo. I had a look at pics of a few other cars and they all seem to have the silver bits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmmmm not sure that's a Euro spec then. Could it be a US thing? The yanks love a bit of chrome haha

Unless they've added it to the 19 cars?

Must be new then.  I guess you could buy a 2018 lower grill if that's yours. Not keen if they've made it silver.

It's quite subtle though 

I don’t mean the slats on the outside I’m taking about the inside ones if that makes any sense. I think I just found the solution.

1D8AC8C3-C568-4117-8476-71556A7FE70D.png

I can shed some light on this, i had someone damage my front bumper and can confirm that my mk7.5 does have chrome strips on the vertical lines of the lower grill.  i did'nt know this till it was damaged and a piece of chrome was laying on the floor next to my car.   The chrome really is very subtle, it can almost be mistaken for the reflection of the gloss black paintwork of the grill, but its definitely on euro/uk spec cars too.  My car was brand new 2017 67 plate so nothing has been changed from factory.

41 minutes ago, lapiz_R84 said:

I can shed some light on this, i had someone damage my front bumper and can confirm that my mk7.5 does have chrome strips on the vertical lines of the lower grill.  i did'nt know this till it was damaged and a piece of chrome was laying on the floor next to my car.   The chrome really is very subtle, it can almost be mistaken for the reflection of the gloss black paintwork of the grill, but its definitely on euro/uk spec cars too.  My car was brand new 2017 67 plate so nothing has been changed from factory.

I’m March 19 plate. Haha, hadn’t noticed yet.  We live and learn. 😬