LUG

PANO ROOF'S

Im interested to here what people think about Pano roofs? personally I've never seen or used one on the MK7 Golf and personally I think they make the car look less attractive when Open with the roof looking a bit weird. I think the cars look good with them closed though.

Whats everyones opinions of Pano roofs?

Do you like the look when open? 

How big are they really? only seeing them in pictures they look just like a normal sunroof, do you get much more light in the car?

Do they cause lots of noise in the car or have VW limited this with correct airflow?

Ive never been swayed towards a pano option when searching for an R. Just interested how happy people are with them as an option and how often they use them.

Panoroofs on the Estate are simply brilliant.

really allow load of light in (via tinted roof).

great after long dog walks and getting back with a wet sweaty dog, just open roof.

great in summer and mild winter days, roof open and blasting Down back roads.

had mine open tonight just to cool car drown a bit quicker and also for bit of fresh air.

IMG_1936.JPG

I wasnt necessarily looking for a golf with one but I'm very glad the car I picked up a month a go has one. 

Loads of extra light, perfect for days like this and the little man loves it 

17 minutes ago, goRt said:

*Rooves when I went to school, roofs now 😉

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Grammatically I think I'm correct and you're showing your age, but who gives a shit?? 😂

Mine has it however I would never option it as I feel the price is not justifiable, I came from a w205 c63s which had it part of a pack and I had that open whenever poss for completely different reasons. Now I like the extra daylight it brings into the cabin and for the few days where it can be fully opened but other than that imo buy a cabrio.

Had one on my previous R, don't have one on my current one and don't miss it at all really. I have had a convertible car for many years so maybe that's why but I don't see the benefit of a sunroof other than the extra light in the cabin. I found the pano roof was unusable over say 30/40mph as it made so much noise, much prefer now opening all 4 windows slightly if I want to listen to the exhaust note a little. So I wouldn't specifically look for it but it wouldn't put me off a used car if it had one.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

got one on my R estate and love it..

was driving last weekend with the Pano open and all windows down..

the missus made me smile when she turned the radio up.. to mask the noise from the turbo and DSG farts..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, SpursMadDave said:

Our mx5 goes Sunday and will be missed emoji26.png

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Don't do it, mine was supposed to go but somehow my argument one the day. The're great little cars and always bring a smile to your face.