Hi everyone. After three years of owning a mk7 GTD I finally decided to order an R on Monday. Options are Atlantic blue paint, DCC, heated windscreen and the lane assist+ package. Now to try to be patient whilst awaiting the build :grin:

1 minute ago, Ripley said:

Hi everyone. After three years of owning a mk7 GTD I finally decided to order an R on Monday. Options are Atlantic blue paint, DCC, heated windscreen and the lane assist+ package. Now to try to be patient whilst awaiting the build :grin:

Hello Lawrence and Welcome to the forum...:welcome:...Hopefully the wait for your new R isn't too excruciating...:lol:....I think you will find it will be quite an upgrade from the GTD...:afro::)

Hi Ripley, great choices made, well done and good for you.  Cross off the days.  It’ll be worth the wait. Take plenty pics when you get it.  😀

Welcome to VWROC!  

:welcome:

Atlantic Blue is a great colour on the R and a good spec.  I hope the wait isn’t too painful and once it’s in your possession, you find it a great successor to the GTD. I highly doubt you’ll regret the switch, apart from maybe a bit of a dip in MPG, but depending on how you drive, even these Rs can deliver a very respectable mpg return for some (self not included!) 

If you want a private plate for your new R when it arrives check the for sale section as I have H6 VWR on retention and ready to be sold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been reading a few threads as I'm going to get a front and rear dashcam set-up - hardwired if that doesn't affect the warranty. I've also got a friend bringing some S2T paddles over from the US on Friday.

As for the tracker - for the last two days I've received texts saying it's at 5c :smiley: