camelsac2002

Not been on for a while.

Don't try too much too early, take it easy, do what the Medics tell you and you'll soon be back to your normal self.
It's hard though I've been there myself, you feel better and you think you are back to 100% but your body soon tell you otherwise!!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, SpursMadDave said:

Take it easy fella, no point trying to do too much however tempting, it will just take you even longer to fully recover...

What Dave said Camel...Take it easy mate.....Small steps until you can fully recover...:)

Missed this thread, hope you get sorted soon dude and your health improves. As other's have said, as hard as it is, take it easy.

Cool little place there, thanks for the pics :thumbsup:

Cheers mate! Taking it easier now as the last blood transfusion is starting to wear off and the breathlessness is creeping back in. Had a shower this morning and I was knackered so had to sit on the bed for a few minutes. Consoled myself with a run in the R this morning. The three units of blood (three units, not pints) I’m due to receive on Friday should help. I’m just living between transfusions at the mo but my results should be back soon so then the haematologist can decide what course of action to take.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Missed this thread, hope you get sorted soon dude and your health improves. As other's have said, as hard as it is, take it easy.

Cool little place there, thanks for the pics :thumbsup:

......and yes - it’s a petrolhead’s heaven at that place!

Hey buddy, Sorry to read this. 

Even though I'm not on as much as I used to be (used to be a total gob shite) this place has kept me sane over the years.

I hope you get sorted and feel free to use us as a form of head space!!

Col

4 hours ago, camelsac2002 said:

Cheers mate! Taking it easier now as the last blood transfusion is starting to wear off and the breathlessness is creeping back in. Had a shower this morning and I was knackered so had to sit on the bed for a few minutes. Consoled myself with a run in the R this morning. The three units of blood (three units, not pints) I’m due to receive on Friday should help. I’m just living between transfusions at the mo but my results should be back soon so then the haematologist can decide what course of action to take.

Just seen this thread too. Sorry to hear of your problem, but glad to hear that you are keeping your chin up. Not surprising as you seem to be a very positive sort of guy. The blood transfusion should certainly help with your symptoms but, as you have said, the effect is temporary so the sooner they can start treating the root cause the better. Do keep us updated. And good luck 🤞

UPDATE. Had a phone call today from the consultant’s secretary to come in - results. As I secretly suspected, I have leukaemia. I start my chemo next week so I’ll probably go through bouts of feeling poo but as leukaemia is a pussy cancer, , I’m sure I can beat it! The main thing is the remission rate is good and it can’t spread into my other organs so have to go in feeling positive! Thanks for all the kind words and I’ll keep you updated as and when things happen.

14 hours ago, camelsac2002 said:

UPDATE. Had a phone call today from the consultant’s secretary to come in - results. As I secretly suspected, I have leukaemia. I start my chemo next week so I’ll probably go through bouts of feeling poo but as leukaemia is a pussy cancer, emoji23.png, I’m sure I can beat it! The main thing is the remission rate is good and it can’t spread into my other organs so have to go in feeling positive! Thanks for all the kind words and I’ll keep you updated as and when things happen.emoji106.png

I’m sure I speak for all here in saying we are all wishing you very best with your treatment Camel.  At least with the diagnosis now you know.  Show the “pussy cancer” the exit door, however long it takes.  You have a great positive mental attitude that will see you through the rough mate. That’s a huge plus.  Rooting for you Camel, and your family too. 

UPDATE. Had a phone call today from the consultant’s secretary to come in - results. As I secretly suspected, I have leukaemia. I start my chemo next week so I’ll probably go through bouts of feeling poo but as leukaemia is a pussy cancer, , I’m sure I can beat it! The main thing is the remission rate is good and it can’t spread into my other organs so have to go in feeling positive! Thanks for all the kind words and I’ll keep you updated as and when things happen.

As someone that has had cancer and beaten it I wish you the very very best for the treatment and recovery, I'm sure it is all about keeping a positive attitude and beating it!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, camelsac2002 said:

UPDATE. Had a phone call today from the consultant’s secretary to come in - results. As I secretly suspected, I have leukaemia. I start my chemo next week so I’ll probably go through bouts of feeling poo but as leukaemia is a pussy cancer, emoji23.png, I’m sure I can beat it! The main thing is the remission rate is good and it can’t spread into my other organs so have to go in feeling positive! Thanks for all the kind words and I’ll keep you updated as and when things happen.emoji106.png

Sorry to hear the diagnosis Camel...But stay strong....You can and will beat it.....You have my support....We will help you stay as positive as possible and hope you feel well enough to keep posting on the forum until you are on the road to a full recovery....Staying positive is key...I did that to beat my depression and I know you are a positive, strong person physically and mentally from what I've read about you on here...and you will beat this...:afro: