NRW

Insurance Quote, Clean Record, Max NCD

Renewal due next month for me, so got a quote from D*rect Line Insurance;  8k Miles, self & spouse.  £161.28 per year!!

Obviuosly a £0 Vol Excess, protected NCB, Hire Car plus add-Ons bumping up, but a pretty good place from which to start.

May be of interest to other R owners/drivers renewing shortly.

I'm happy as a sand boy 😀😀🍺

Got My Direct Line Renewal yesterday and they want £668.64....they can go and get fu([email protected]

I'm 46, 10 years ncb, clean licence that's with £250 vol excess £550 Total.

I've been with direct line on and off for about 13 years and they always do the same, first year great quote second or sometimes third year hike it up to stupid amount, on my vr6 years ago it when from £500 odd to £1300 for no reason then a year later came back to them and got a good deal again, i think I've left them 4 times and come back within a year or two

just done a quick go compare and got a quote for £332 that has breakdown cover, legal assistance, key care, misfueling, courtesy car, personal accident cover.

might have to try flux they've done me good quotes in the past.

23 minutes ago, Bee said:

Got My Direct Line Renewal yesterday and they want £668.64....they can go and get fu([email protected]

I've been with direct line on and off for about 13 years and they always do the same, first year great quote second or sometimes third year hike it up to stupid amount, on my vr6 years ago it when from £500 odd to £1300 for no reason then a year later came back to them and got a good deal again, i think I've left them 4 times and come back within a year or two

just done a quick go compare and got a quote for £332 that has breakdown cover, legal assistance, key care, misfueling, courtesy car, personal accident cover.

Oh dear. High..  I’ve moved before too after a Renewal hike, to Moreth*n - found them ok.  I shop around a bit when in a situation like your good self.  The Biggies seem to offer Mad low quotes to attract new business, then hope to make money out of you afterwards.  Hope you secure decent cover at realistic price mate.

34 minutes ago, Bee said:

Is it for just yourself to drive ?

If you add a partner or additional driver the policy tends to be lower, I found that years ago when I split with my ex, I asked to remove her from the policy and it increased so I kept her on, she was never going to drive it anyway so happy days.

Yeah its just me.

I got a quote (more for a joke) for my 18 year old daughter / learner driver and i don't remember exactly but it was many thousands of £'s

I will never use Adrian Flux again due to their customer service if you need to make a claim.

Yes they may be cheap.....however like everything else, you get what you pay for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just swapped to Saga for £350 when I bought the 'R', they were cheapest on Confused. Good benefits and reasonable excess. My original company Elephant wanted another £100

There are some benefits to being over 50.

2 hours ago, Sham61 said:

I just swapped to Saga for £350 when I bought the 'R', they were cheapest on Confused. Good benefits and reasonable excess. My original company Elephant wanted another £100

There are some benefits to being over 50.

Haha. Yes, agreed.  I spoke to an Advisor after getting a quote for my last GTI - I couldn’t believe it.  Advisor said when pressed “it’s your age, you are not considered a significant risk”.  😂