Sign in to follow this  
Dave

New bmw 135i

Yes BMW seemed to have now ditched the RWD 6 cylinder 3 litre M140i and now jumped on the 4WD 4 cylinder 2 litre bandwagon. (as if there are not enough out there already! lol)

About the same price as the outgoing model but less power therefore slower, however better traction with 4WD. Watched this on it the other day, seems a lot of M140i owner haters in the comments section!

I'm sure BMW will bring out a hotter (maybe M?) version at some point to compete with the likes of the RS3 and A45. But at the moment this is clearly fired at the Golf R, A35 AMG, S3, Focus RS..........).

3 hours ago, dopper99 said:

Yes BMW seemed to have now ditched the RWD 6 cylinder 3 litre M140i and now jumped on the 4WD 4 cylinder 2 litre bandwagon. (as if there are not enough out there already! lol)

About the same price as the outgoing model but less power therefore slower, however better traction with 4WD. Watched this on it the other day, seems a lot of M140i owner haters in the comments section!

I'm sure BMW will bring out a hotter (maybe M?) version at some point to compete with the likes of the RS3 and A45. But at the moment this is clearly fired at the Golf R, A35 AMG, S3, Focus RS..........).

Not sure of sales numbers, but as much as some want the extreme and there is a market, the bigger market must be the daily user and it cannot be a coincidence that both BMW with this, and Mercedes with the A35 AMG have dropped themselves in direct competition with the Golf R 

Plenty of colleagues have had M Line and a couple even M version BMW and can confirm that rear end wiggle is not fun on a greasy surface and when it snowed badly last, some BMW had to stay the night (gradient out of the car park) so the move to FWD and X Drive will likely bring in more potential purchasers like me who have always steered clear of the BMW. 

For the BMW purist and those who like to track and let that back end slide out and consider that fun then can see some getting quite angry but its not something personally considered fun on a wet UK road in October (there is a Top Gear video where Clarkson going in a straight line in wet hit 100 MPH and spun out while driving I think M130i, physically shaken!) 

As already made my choice not overly looked at the new BMW but it will be added to my list to look at more seriously next time around. 

it did look good in the flesh, i may get rid of the 4 monht old R for one of these when they are released in september

my R i like but just not built that well, my TT before was far superior

Interesting - I don't think the build quality of my R is great - I've given up and just accept the creaks and groans from it.

I can honestly see me getting a M140i next (depending on what car the missus gets), obviously its smaller inside than the golf - we currently use my r estate as the family car for holidays etc.

I don't get the BMW will kill you band wagon, quite frankly you drive to conditions, any car can aquaplane, any car can kill you (even a 1 litre micra) if that aquaplanes at 90 mph and you smash into a wall, if you come out alive you are lucky.

I wouldn't buy a bmw to stick its arse out round a roundabout, I just want it for that engine (the golf r engine to me sounds crap compared to it).