Rick@UnicornMotorDev

Unicorn DSG MY19 DQ381 Software now available

Unicorn Software for all 7 speed DQ381 cars including MY19 300PS models is now available.  

The changes are very similar to what happens with DQ250 although the internal method of operation is significantly different.

The software is priced at £449 inc vat or £349 if carried out with an engine software tune.

Standard Features:

Removal of kickdown in manual 

Removal of auto upshift in manual

Increased oil cooling at higher torque outputs
Increased minimum temperature before Launch Control will activate
Reduced launch delay when releasing brake pedal.
Reduction of delay to initiate gear change when paddle or lever is activated
Increased rate of torque build up under launch control
Optimised Launch Control RPM - dependant on engine tune and spec.
Increased Maximum possible RPM - dependant on engine tune and spec.
Increased adaptation sensitivity - this allows the gearbox to adapt to changes in driving style and wear more quickly.
Increased maximum torque rise during hard acceleration.
Reduced shift times in Manual and Sport modes when at high throttle positions.
Increased maximum allowed torque
Increased maximum clutch pressures.  This is a complete recalibration of the clutch operation, depending on engine spec.  

Optional Features:

Optimised Shift points in D mode (recommended):
This increases the upshift point and down shift point at low throttle positions.  The shift points have been carefully chosen to provide a more natural feel without the car wanting to race into 7th gear  1st gear is virtually unaffected, with the difference increasing with each successive gear.  This results in a more eager response without the feeling of revving unnecessarily.  There is no constant changing of gears at typical cruising speeds such as 30mph city driving.

Optimised Shift points in S mode (recommended):
This results in a much more use-able S mode.  Under light throttle, the gearbox will shift up much earlier than as standard, but still higher than in D mode.

We can adjust the shift points to specific customer requirements, but the vast majority will use our standard optimised options.

3 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Unicorn Software for all 7 speed DQ381 cars including MY19 300PS models is now available.  

The changes are very similar to what happens with DQ250 although the internal method of operation is significantly different.

The software is priced at £449 inc vat or £349 if carried out with an engine software tune.

Standard Features:

Removal of auto upshift in manual

Increased oil cooling at higher torque outputs
Increased minimum temperature before Launch Control will activate
Reduced launch delay when releasing brake pedal.
Reduction of delay to initiate gear change when paddle or lever is activated
Increased rate of torque build up under launch control
Optimised Launch Control RPM - dependant on engine tune and spec.
Increased Maximum possible RPM - dependant on engine tune and spec.
Increased adaptation sensitivity - this allows the gearbox to adapt to changes in driving style and wear more quickly.
Increased maximum torque rise during hard acceleration.
Reduced shift times in Manual and Sport modes when at high throttle positions.
Increased maximum allowed torque
Increased maximum clutch pressures.  This is a complete recalibration of the clutch operation, depending on engine spec.  

Optional Features:

Optimised Shift points in D mode (recommended):
This increases the upshift point and down shift point at low throttle positions.  The shift points have been carefully chosen to provide a more natural feel without the car wanting to race into 7th gear  1st gear is virtually unaffected, with the difference increasing with each successive gear.  This results in a more eager response without the feeling of revving unnecessarily.  There is no constant changing of gears at typical cruising speeds such as 30mph city driving.

Optimised Shift points in S mode (recommended):
This results in a much more use-able S mode.  Under light throttle, the gearbox will shift up much earlier than as standard, but still higher than in D mode.

We can adjust the shift points to specific customer requirements, but the vast majority will use our standard optimised options.

Looking forward to seeing you on the 20th 😀

11 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Standard Features:

Does this include Manual mode selected by the paddles, or only Manual mode selected by the gear lever ? 

TVS's TCU tune for the DQ381 can can only disable kickdown for Manual mode selected via the gear lever, if you use the paddles the DSG will still kickdown (whether you like it or not).

5 hours ago, gregozedobe said:

Does this include Manual mode selected by the paddles, or only Manual mode selected by the gear lever ? 

TVS's TCU tune for the DQ381 can can only disable kickdown for Manual mode selected via the gear lever, if you use the paddles the DSG will still kickdown (whether you like it or not).

Manual mode isn't selected by the paddles, that is a temporary override with a delay until the box shifts itself again.  I haven't tried it though, but i'd expect it to act as it does in auto mode. 

Rick

11 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Manual mode isn't selected by the paddles, that is a temporary override with a delay until the box shifts itself again.  I haven't tried it though, but i'd expect it to act as it does in auto mode. 

Rick

Thanks Rick.

The reason I asked is because when I use the paddles the gear display on the dash shows M3 etc, which looks exactly the same as when you select Manual mode via the gear lever (but the kickdown behaviour is quite different).

3 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Rick

I'm too far away to realistically come to you guys, but I read "I haven't tried it but I'd expect" and it makes me feel a little nervous for buyers...

4 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Rick

Kickdown is deactivated in manual mode on my car (with Unicorn TCU tune).

Rick does this open the same port for flashing as used in Ecu mapping. I.e both engine and dsg Warrenty gone if scanned by the dealer?

I want to keep the engine Warrenty and just have TCU for a year or so.

Does the tune stop the torque limit when using launch control?

Can you have it not auto change up (hit limiter) in manual but auto change down so as not to stall?

Finally can you change to 2nd earlier than 2k rpm when using sport (flaps open) leaver to the left manual? I hate the way it revs up so high when driving normally in sport with the paddles.

Very tempted if you can answer the above.