ptraynor1

Golf R or GTI TCR (newbie)

Even if the cars are in the showroom, you can still get them to price match a Carwow or other price. I got 14.6% of my Golf R RRP - £39.5k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would buy new if opting for an R. Used Facelifts seem to be on the expensive side at the moment. 

As mentioned before, use drive the deal and get your local dealer to match it. Buying new also guarantees you the spec you want (unless your after a 3 door and/or manual.) Mines was list price of £38k, got it for £32k. I had to take out their finance though at 3.9% apr, but this can be paid off straight away. 

According to my dealer it’s a 12 week wait for all Golfs at the moment. 

I wanted to thank you all for your input.

I have decided I am going for the R. I collect it on Friday. Looking forward to sitting behind the wheel!!

Lapiz blue
Carbon leather
Pan Roof.

Ordered some styling mods, so hopefully they should arrive Friday.

Compared to carwow my dealer was £350 off the best price for the same spec offer I received. Also I am in Northern Ireland, carwow dealer wasn’t :)

38 minutes ago, ptraynor1 said:

I have decided I am going for the R. I collect it on Friday. Looking forward to sitting behind the wheel!!

Lapiz blue
Carbon leather
Pan Roof.

Compared to carwow my dealer was £350 off the best price for the same spec offer I received. Also I am in Northern Ireland, carwow dealer wasn’t :)

Nice spec. Carbon leather is quite a rare option to have. You’ll love the car, Ive missed my first one since i got rid of it nearly 2 years ago.

Was it a brand new car sitting in VW stock or did you go used?

Nice spec. Carbon leather is quite a rare option to have. You’ll love the car, Ive missed my first one since i got rid of it nearly 2 years ago.

Was it a brand new car sitting in VW stock or did you go used?

I hope so. I haven’t had a performance golf since 2001. My first was 1997 when I bought my first car, 1987 MK2 GTi. Car cost £1620 to buy and £1800 to insure.

It is a new golf sitting in the showroom. I’ll be the first owner.

12 hours ago, ptraynor1 said:

Lapiz blue
Carbon leather
Pan Roof.

Awesome!!....Congratulations...Roll on Friday!!!!....(or Saturday my time)....:lol:

Ok folks. Thought I would update this.

My heart wasn’t in the Lapiz blue, beautiful car and colour but I knew I wanted something less common, at least in Northern Ireland

I figured out none of the VW dealers here don’t actually advertise their new cars, so on Thursday I rang them all to see what they had. There was a lot to choose from but only one worth going to see, who also had grey TCR.

Contacted dealer who I had semi agreed the deal for the Lapiz and told him I was going to test the other 2 cars before I made my final decision.

Friday afternoon I flew home from London and went straight to the dealer at 4pm. Drove the TCR which was great.. really great but the grey wasn’t for me. The black features really make the car stand out but I know I would get sick looking at them.

In the showroom sat a metallic black R... this was the one!

Deep Pearl Black
Pan roof
Vienna Leather
Spielberg wheels
90% tints

Didn’t drive it, signed my life away @ 5.15pm after a lot of haggling! Cherished transfer registered @ 5.30pm after I took out a new insurance policy while I the sales person was completing paper work.

Ended up getting just over 15% discount (including finance contribution) along with 2 years free servicing.

There was no one to make the plates for the car so had to drive the 75 miles back this morning to collect it.

Here she is.
a3702c0852e53c48e14315060f768f60.jpg

Sorry for the essay.

35 minutes ago, ptraynor1 said:

My heart wasn’t in the Lapiz blue, beautiful car and colour but I knew I wanted something less common, at least in Northern Ireland

I figured out none of the VW dealers here don’t actually advertise their new cars, so on Thursday I rang them all to see what they had. There was a lot to choose from but only one worth going to see, who also had grey TCR.

Contacted dealer who I had semi agreed the deal for the Lapiz and told him I was going to test the other 2 cars before I made my final decision.

Friday afternoon I flew home from London and went straight to the dealer at 4pm. Drove the TCR which was great.. really great but the grey wasn’t for me. The black features really make the car stand out but I know I would get sick looking at them.

Deep Pearl Black
Pan roof
Vienna Leather
Spielberg wheels
90% tints

Didn’t drive it, signed my life away @ 5.15pm after a lot of haggling! Cherished transfer registered @ 5.30pm after I took out a new insurance policy while I the sales person was completing paper work.

Ended up getting just over 15% discount (including finance contribution) along with 2 years free servicing.

There was no one to make the plates for the car so had to drive the 75 miles back this morning to collect it.

Here she is.

Sorry for the essay.

That’s a stunning R!  (admittedly I am biased on the colour)  No wonder it caught your eye, and heart!  Sounds like that trip to the dealer was meant to be - affirming that the TCR was not for you finding an R that was the one.  A great decision and I hope you enjoy such a fantastic car. 

36 minutes ago, ptraynor1 said:

Sorry for the essa

Hi. Lovely R. Looks really great. Classy. ( me not biased either, they all look good to me).   Great spec, damn decent discount (there’s Always somebody that does better) no forever wait for a  build, good to get the servicing too.  I hope you enjoy every minute in it. Congratulations.

8 hours ago, ptraynor1 said:

Deep Pearl Black
Pan roof
Vienna Leather
Spielberg wheels
90% tints

Here she is.

Sorry for the essay.

Congrats...Very sexy looking R in the best colour...🖤...Welcome to the Deep Black Pearl Club...:afro::smiley::)🖤