I’m so sad after 4 wonderful years and two fantastic Rs one manual one dsg it’s the end of the line I’m selling the beast have a buyer lined up amazing car but must clear up a few debts!

Question is I have a van for work but what to get next need a car I can do a few miles in but not too heavy on the juice thinking about a 335d still got some go but more economical!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a 2007 335d a few years ago, just an Evolve map and it was circa 340hp and 550lb's torque

Great car, effortless cruising, and would return around 45mpg on the motorway

17 minutes ago, discolegend73 said:

The logic is simple I can still afford a 66/17 plate one with the debts cleared still epic performance and economy

335d isn’t a bad place to be at all imho.  Maybe you’ll return to an R in future, or BMW equivalent?  Good luck  whatever happens.👍

On 12/07/2019 at 12:59, discolegend73 said:

The logic is simple I can still afford a 66/17 plate one with the debts cleared still epic performance and economy

I have always fancied a 335d Touring as a possible next car. Yet despite diesel gate and the apparent apathy for oil burners, 2nd hand prices havent dropped as much as I would have liked.

Just had a quick peak...and seems 66 plates go for £19k upwards...

For that money you could get an R of similar age. And at that point.... esp if the 335d really is only ~6 mpg better.... for me it would be a hard sell.

On current mileage I do... oil burner makes no sense anway. That means 340i Touring....but those are RWD... and I am not sure Id go back to that having had 4WD now :)

Anyway, good luck in your searches. Hope you land in something equally fun. If you do go 335d, would love to hear how you find it compared to the Rs.