Jacobrownoly

Vagcom Engine Faults

Untick the 'use aggressive mode' option on the top right and scan again, the faults will most likely not appear. When you see the 'not confirmed' text it means that VCDS is looking for faults where there are none i'e it's not seeing the parameters to suggest everything  is perfect so it assumes there's a fault when there isn't. 

On 13/07/2019 at 16:40, Jacobrownoly said:

Hi guys, just after some advice on these engine faults that come up this afternoon when I scanned the car with

vagcom. 

Anyone shed some light on these. 

Car still feels and drives great! 

DF654FDC-951A-4DF6-BF7C-670F23603DE7.thumb.jpeg.35423ca9da333b8ce38d9f18cb14c34c.jpeg

Did you manage to sort out your camshaft position sensor code ? 

4 hours ago, Benje said:

Did you manage to sort out your camshaft position sensor code ? 

No, I un-ticked the 'use aggressive mode' on vagcom as mention and it never came up again. Car has been spot on ever since.

I had a camshaft position sensor error two years ago. I cleared it and it never returned.  I've had many "intermittent-not confirmed" issues before using aggressive mode. I generally ignore them unless they keep returning.

Uwe, one of the Ross-tech forum experts said in a post .  "Un-check "Use Aggressive mode" if you get "No Faults Found", I wouldn't sweat this one just yet."