Wagon R

OBDeleven Next Gen UK availability?

7 hours ago, Wagon R said:

I see the next gen iPhone compatible device has been released, but they’ve sold out already. Does anyone know of any stock in the UK?

OBDeleven Next Generation

Not aware of any other stocks but I’m looking to upgrade to the iOS compatible version too, so if you find any please let me know. Otherwise it’s a case of waiting for more stock on the direct site. 

And I just bought the old version.... typical. I assume only difference is the IOS compatibility? I dint really mind using an old Android phone, just waiting for it to arrive.

Phil

3 minutes ago, PhilMill said:

And I just bought the old version.... typical. I assume only difference is the IOS compatibility? I dint really mind using an old Android phone, just waiting for it to arrive.

Phil

“Apparently” the hardware has been updated to handle a wider spread of manufacturer protocols, which will be catered for in the future (???). But the original will still be supported on Android, so all is not lost.

“Apparently” the hardware has been updated to handle a wider spread of manufacturer protocols, which will be catered for in the future (???). But the original will still be supported on Android, so all is not lost.
Has a quicker core too so will be quicker but it's not the sort of device you use all the time so I have never found that to be an issue

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Does anyone else have the odd connectivity issue? Sometimes it can take several attempts for the app to connect (with the old Android version not the latest iOS version)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone else have the odd connectivity issue? Sometimes it can take several attempts for the app to connect (with the old Android version not the latest iOS version)

Never noticed anything really but then only used it a few times, did what I wanted then stashed it in the glovebox

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, slider09 said:

Yes. The last two times I used mine (this year) it’s been problematic and wasn’t the WiFi signal which was fine. I had delete and download the app again and then it was ok. 

This will happily just use Wifi will it? I am going to use an old Samsung phone I've had knocking around but it won't have a SIM card, just connected to the wifi in the house.

Thanks, Phil

11 minutes ago, PhilMill said:

This will happily just use Wifi will it? I am going to use an old Samsung phone I've had knocking around but it won't have a SIM card, just connected to the wifi in the house.

Thanks, Phil

Yes, provided your Android phone can pick up a good WiFi connection for the app to run.  The obdeleven dongle connects to the device via Bluetooth. 

Not looking to hijack ,thread nor make it a VCDS vs OBD11 =o)

Could you good people give me an idea on the cost of OBD apps that are going to enable me to:

Switch off Soundaktor,

Change the comfort blink to 4 cycles

Fan speed showing in auto.

Enable off road display

Heated Seat memory

Full rear brake lights.

I’ve used VCDS lite in the past and it’s time for me to have a device with access to long coding.

I can easily source VCDS new from US for $199 (approx £160).

Aware that OBD pro or ultimate {available soon}  is + credit costs for apps,  I’m equally happy with either, just curious on the ongoing costs of OBD11

Thx

J.

16 minutes ago, Jens0n said:

Not looking to hijack ,thread nor make it a VCDS vs OBD11 =o)

Could you good people give me an idea on the cost of OBD apps that are going to enable me to:

Switch off Soundaktor,

Change the comfort blink to 4 cycles

Fan speed showing in auto.

Enable off road display

Heated Seat memory

Full rear brake lights.

I’ve used VCDS lite in the past and it’s time for me to have a device with access to long coding.

I can easily source VCDS new from US for $199 (approx £160).

Aware that OBD pro or ultimate {available soon}  is + credit costs for apps,  I’m equally happy with either, just curious on the ongoing costs of OBD11

Thx

J.

If you purchase obdeleven Pro then you have access to long coding for adaptations and so it won’t cost you anything over the purchase price of the device which is approx £87 for 2nd gen Pro version on the direct obdeleven website (but currently out of stock).  The non Pro version is cheaper but no access to long coding, you’ll need to use the apps to make changes, which can incur cost or be ‘earned’. If you are getting obdeleven, it’s a no-brainer to get the Pro version. 

I found my list!  These are the adaptations I currently have effective, and still happy with them. 

Stop/Start disabled - long coded 

Deactivate Headlight Washers - long coded

5 x Brake Lights (full rear) - long coded 

Increased Reverse Lights Brightness - long coded 

DRL 100% with headlights - long coded

Coming Home/Leaving Home lights - long coded 

Alarm Chirp on lock/unlock - long coded 

Enable fan level display on auto - app

Refuel amount - long coded

2 hours ago, Booth11 said:

If you purchase obdeleven Pro then you have access to long coding for adaptations and so it won’t cost you anything over the purchase price of the device which is approx £87 for 2nd gen Pro version on the direct obdeleven website (but currently out of stock).  The non Pro version is cheaper but no access to long coding, you’ll need to use the apps to make changes, which can incur cost or be ‘earned’. If you are getting obdeleven, it’s a no-brainer to get the Pro version. 

Thanks Rebecca, 

like you said in that case a no brainer..

Been in touch with OBDeleven customer support and  received response ref 2nd generation "we are planning that devices will be available in the first half of August." 

I'll be ordering pro version soon as in stock.

J.

22 minutes ago, Jens0n said:

Thanks Rebecca, 

like you said in that case a no brainer..

Been in touch with OBDeleven customer support and  received response ref 2nd generation "we are planning that devices will be available in the first half of August." 

I'll be ordering pro version soon as in stock.

J.

Ah, that’s good to know when the next stock should be available, have to get in quick!  Thanks for that info J!  Appreciated.