scv7r

APR DQ381 TCU tune out

Better late than never I guess!

Right?

I was about to pull the trigger on a HPA tune. Now I’ll go stage 2 APR ECU and DP and their TCU tune.

Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Yeah it's about time APR made the DQ381 Tcu Tune :)  All tho still think i'm gonna go with TVS Engineering stage 2+ Tcu.. Just cause of there long term experience with the gearboxes 

That’s a smart move. I read plenty of people unhappy with the APR tcu tune on the 6 speed when it was released, I believe all updated and fixed and now people happy. 

Im more than happy with APR ecu tune combined with Harding performance/tvs tcu software. 

From driving almost 200k km in both the 6sp, tuned 6sp and 7sp in Audi s3 I still believe the 7sp massive improvement stock compared to 6sp especially in sports/dynamic modes. Like most I found the 6 sp modes very annoying and was desperate to tune it which I haven’t found in 7sp. I’m sure it will be improved once tuned and I think a must when running stage 2 HO tunes. 

Yeah it's about time APR made the DQ381 Tcu Tune   All tho still think i'm gonna go with TVS Engineering stage 2+ Tcu.. Just cause of there long term experience with the gearboxes 

Nice. Let me know how it goes with TVS. I spoke to them and they were very helpful. I’ll see how APR tune goes. If it’s no good I’ll take a look at TVS or HPA.

Cheers, David.

That’s a smart move. I read plenty of people unhappy with the APR tcu tune on the 6 speed when it was released, I believe all updated and fixed and now people happy. 

Im more than happy with APR ecu tune combined with Harding performance/tvs tcu software. 

From driving almost 200k km in both the 6sp, tuned 6sp and 7sp in Audi s3 I still believe the 7sp massive improvement stock compared to 6sp especially in sports/dynamic modes. Like most I found the 6 sp modes very annoying and was desperate to tune it which I haven’t found in 7sp. I’m sure it will be improved once tuned and I think a must when running stage 2 HO tunes. 

+1. I’m looking forward to faster shift times in manual mode (heard mixed reviews on whether or not a TCU time will do that), increased clamping pressure, and lockout of auto upshift in manual mode.

The APR TCU tune 6spd on stage 2 has been very good. I suspect their DQ381 has been well tested to work in harmony with their HO Stage 1/2 tunes.

A great combo for road and circuit

Trouble is I keep pondering on the new A45 but I hear there have been some teething issues on the A35

Wonder what the 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times will be now. I've been stage 2+ for a while in my 2018 DSG R. Will be tuning the DSG and Haldex unit very soon in the next week. Will keep you guys posted. I'm at 25,000 miles right now. And I drive my car very hard lol and never had one problem.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Cool Hand Luke said:

Wonder what the 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times will be now. I've been stage 2+ for a while in my 2018 DSG R. Will be tuning the DSG and Haldex unit very soon in the next week. Will keep you guys posted. I'm at 25,000 miles right now. And I drive my car very hard lol and never had one problem.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Are you APR tuned?