On 22/07/2019 at 09:43, SpursMadDave said:

Oh I tried most of them out, the only ones I have kept are the drls at 100% with headlights and 5 way rear lights. My thinking is then more I am visible at night the better

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I need to put my DRL's to 100% with my headlamps as now I'm getting old and my eyesight is fading, the extra light would come in handy. 

As a newcomer could anyone advise on which OBD 11 to buy please , are there additional “running costs” to be factored in or is it just the cost of the unit ? Are they useful ? Thanks.

2 hours ago, Puregreytcr said:

Just found “the basic guide” on the forum, perhaps I should think/look before posting next time, my bad , sorry 

But the Pro version as it gives you much greater flexibility for coding.  The guide on the forum is good and the premise remains the same, but there’s been a few updates to Obdeleven since it was written so screens etc look a bit different now. Great bit of kit! 

13 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

But the Pro version as it gives you much greater flexibility for coding.  The guide on the forum is good and the premise remains the same, but there’s been a few updates to Obdeleven since it was written so screens etc look a bit different now. Great bit of kit! 

hi Rebecca, 

I meant the basic guide on this forum , I’ve had a read and it does look like the Pro version is the one to get, is it an expensive to keep having to top up with credits ? Is there a certain “novelty factor” to having one or can it be used as a diagnostic tool as well ..

On a different subject and as a moderator do you know if GE90 is still active on the forum as I’ve been reading his Helix sub thread and would like to rent his programming dongle. Thanks in advance 

27 minutes ago, Puregreytcr said:

hi Rebecca, 

I meant the basic guide on this forum , I’ve had a read and it does look like the Pro version is the one to get, is it an expensive to keep having to top up with credits ? Is there a certain “novelty factor” to having one or can it be used as a diagnostic tool as well ..

On a different subject and as a moderator do you know if GE90 is still active on the forum as I’ve been reading his Helix sub thread and would like to rent his programming dongle. Thanks in advance 

Hi Chris, yes that’s the guide I meant.  If you get Pro and do most things by coding you don’t need the credits really, and you get free credits anyway so they usually cover the odd thing you might use the credit apps for. Coding is the way to go.  So no ongoing costs.  

Yes it can be used for diagnostics, scanning for faults, logging faults etc and keeping a history of any changes you make plus other stuff.  It’s not as feature rich as VCDS but it’s exceptionally good for the price and serves pretty much most enthusiast needs I’d say. 

GE90 doesn’t post much but looking at his profile he logged on last Sunday so still viewing the forum at least.  If you get yourself to 25 posts Chris then you’ll be able to send and receive personal messages using the forum PM function do you could drop him a line. 

16 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

Hi Chris, yes that’s the guide I meant.  If you get Pro and do most things by coding you don’t need the credits really, and you get free credits anyway so they usually cover the odd thing you might use the credit apps for. Coding is the way to go.  So no ongoing costs.  

Yes it can be used for diagnostics, scanning for faults, logging faults etc and keeping a history of any changes you make plus other stuff.  It’s not as feature rich as VCDS but it’s exceptionally good for the price and serves pretty much most enthusiast needs I’d say. 

GE90 doesn’t post much but looking at his profile he logged on last Sunday so still viewing the forum at least.  If you get yourself to 25 posts Chris then you’ll be able to send and receive personal messages using the forum PM function do you could drop him a line. 

thanks Rebecca, will do.