Jump to content
R300rs

Cleaning products

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, R300rs said:

Hi, recently got my new R, always used autoglym polish , anyone recommend anything else ?

thanks

 

 

Have a good look through the stickies and many other threads in this detailing section.  There’s an abundance of products (it can be daunting!) and some great user feedback which is very valuable reading.  Post up any questions on products, and usually someone here will be able to give a view or share experience.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't go wrong with the Gyeon Range to be honest!

 

Don't rate Auto Finesse at all - all a bit 'scene' for me, they're Aqua Deluxe that everyone raves about is appalling!

 

AG polish is good as is the HD Wax, depends what you are looking to achieve.

 

If you want quick and easy get a bottle of Gyeon Wet coat.  Wash car as normal and rinse.  Lightly mist the car in wet coat and then pressure rinse again, dry the car (I use Gyeon Silk Dryer which IMO is the best drying towel out there), stand back and admire the easiest gloss in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jrw said:

Can't go wrong with the Gyeon Range to be honest!

 

Don't rate Auto Finesse at all - all a bit 'scene' for me, they're Aqua Deluxe that everyone raves about is appalling!

 

AG polish is good as is the HD Wax, depends what you are looking to achieve.

 

If you want quick and easy get a bottle of Gyeon Wet coat.  Wash car as normal and rinse.  Lightly mist the car in wet coat and then pressure rinse again, dry the car (I use Gyeon Silk Dryer which IMO is the best drying towel out there), stand back and admire the easiest gloss in the world.

 

In agreement with you on Auto Finesse. Apart from the odd product, I’ve always been really disappointed with their stuff. 

 

Also agree that Gyeon Silk Dryer is far and away the best drying towel available.  On another level. Wouldn’t be without my collection. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

 

In agreement with you on Auto Finesse. Apart from the odd product, I’ve always been really disappointed with their stuff. 

 

Also agree that Gyeon Silk Dryer is far and away the best drying towel available.  On another level. Wouldn’t be without my collection. 

 

I think my towels have had their day now - they aren't at all absorbent when washed until they get damp.  Bought some new ones a few weeks ago and there is night and day difference.  I have been using Wo-Wo Microfibre wash and prior to that Gyeon Towel Wash which was fine so don't know if it is the WO-WO stuff causing lack of absorbency or they have just worn out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jrw said:

I think my towels have had their day now - they aren't at all absorbent when washed until they get damp.  Bought some new ones a few weeks ago and there is night and day difference.  I have been using Wo-Wo Microfibre wash and prior to that Gyeon Towel Wash which was fine so don't know if it is the WO-WO stuff causing lack of absorbency or they have just worn out.

 

I suspect yours have had a lot of use on the various vehicles you detail, more than the average, but how old are your old silk dryer towels out of interest?

 

I use Wo-Wo MF wash too but my silk dryers are still fine so sounds like yours have just worn out through extensive use. 

 

I find towels are always more absorbent when very slightly damp to start. I start mine off on the windscreen usually to get them damp before drying the rest of the car. Does make a difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Booth11 said:

 

I suspect yours have had a lot of use on the various vehicles you detail, more than the average, but how old are your old silk dryer towels out of interest?

 

I use Wo-Wo MF wash too but my silk dryers are still fine so sounds like yours have just worn out through extensive use. 

 

I find towels are always more absorbent when very slightly damp to start. I start mine off on the windscreen usually to get them damp before drying the rest of the car. Does make a difference. 

Never noticed it before - fine one wash, rubbish the next!

 

They are around 3 years old probably with a lot of use as you say.  Will try the 'iron' dry setting on tumble dryer next wash and see if that helps.

 

Happy 2000th post to me too 🥳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jrw said:

Never noticed it before - fine one wash, rubbish the next!

 

They are around 3 years old probably with a lot of use as you say.  Will try the 'iron' dry setting on tumble dryer next wash and see if that helps.

 

Happy 2000th post to me too 🥳

 

Maybe skip the MF wash for the next few times and dry as you normally would, see if any improvement.  Then you’ll know for sure.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Self confessed Dodo Fan, Just delivered the following.

Mint Merkin Glass Cloth, my original is now being used on all glass in the house, these cloths are very good.

Captain crevice Wheel mitt, to make easy work of the Prets

and A quick detailer to keep on top of the finish and beading.

 

Now need to find a couple of hours before the weekend, she's filthy right now..

 

IMG_4166.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jens0n said:

Self confessed Dodo Fan, Just delivered the following.

Mint Merkin Glass Cloth, my original is now being used on all glass in the house, these cloths are very good.

Captain crevice Wheel mitt, to make easy work of the Prets

and A quick detailer to keep on top of the finish and beading.

 

Now need to find a couple of hours before the weekend, she's filthy right now..

 

 

 

Should be able to do some good work with that lot 👍

 

If you don't mind, please let us know how well that wash mitt fits into the narrow trench behind the spokes on your prets (I'm currently using mf gloves, but I suspect they won't last real well).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...