Swanny

Stage 1 dyno figures

Hi all,  I see some peoples cars make impressive power on just a stage 1 tune. 

My car is currently a revo stage 1 and feels lively to me and runs very consistent 12.2 quarter mile time @ 110mph. With my best being a [email protected] 

On the dyno it only made 341hp and 340lbs ft torque which seems very low compared to what others produce. 

I'm interested in what other members car make and on who's dyno as i know they can differ..sometimes massively. Thanks 

I think stage 1 is usually 360-370 bhp (at the engine).

However, numbers mean nothing in reality. There was some guy claiming his car made 405bhp from a stage 1 a few years ago. Dyno’s vary so much. As long as you’re happy and the car drives as it should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Boostedboy said:

12.2 seconds 1/4 mile is about right for stage 1. 
I’m stage 2 with no intercooler and getting 307awhp with a 11.58 @120.24mph 1/4 mile

That's an impressive time for a stage 2. 

My car is currently with devil Developments having a litto l450 turbo and supporting mods fitted so hoping for low 11's or maybe a very high 10 on the right day. 

1 hour ago, Swanny said:

That's an impressive time for a stage 2. 

My car is currently with devil Developments having a litto l450 turbo and supporting mods fitted so hoping for low 11's or maybe a very high 10 on the right day. 

If you don't mind me asking, what is the cost associated with the L450, did you buy a new turbo or exchange your old IS38? 

Its purchased outright. Turbo , airtec intercooler, ngk race plugs supplied fitted and mapped around £3600.

I supplied the downpipe and intake. The car is also having an oil change and dsg service while it's in. I'll probably need another dsg tune so need to budget a custom map for that too.

If you're already stage 2 they do a deal for £2400 supplied fitted and mapped for the l450 turbo. 

3 hours ago, EcosseGolfR said:

If you don't mind me asking, what is the cost associated with the L450, did you buy a new turbo or exchange your old IS38? 

I’m stage 2 with APR FMIC

I spoke to Retro Resus who also deal with Littco. 

I was told to maximise the benefit of this turbo I would need both HP and LP fuel pumps changed and new software from Littco 

The price fitted including new turbo and fuel pumps software  VAT etc was £3800

This would give me approx 470-480 bhp

I decided to give it a miss tbh 

I've been advised the fuel pumps arent necessary, although more power maybe achieved with them. I'm happy if my car makes 450hp and over 410lbs ft especially if the torque remains strong all the way to the redline. 

But who am I kidding. I'll be back for fuel pumps and a bigger turbo before the end of the year ! 

20 hours ago, Msportman said:

I’m stage 2 with APR FMIC

I spoke to Retro Resus who also deal with Littco. 

I was told to maximise the benefit of this turbo I would need both HP and LP fuel pumps changed and new software from Littco 

The price fitted including new turbo and fuel pumps software  VAT etc was £3800

This would give me approx 470-480 bhp

I decided to give it a miss tbh 

Yeah I’m not stage 2 yet but my R is a bit of a beast as it is. Given the cost of going stage 3 I’ll probably just go stage 2 eventually and leave it at that....with maybe getting Littco to simply upgrade my existing turbo, bearings etc.

Ben @ devil Developments just called me...so I'm still running the stock airbox (ramair panel filter) and stock back box (milltek downpipe and res delete) and the car still makes 458hp and 420lbs ft, up from 341/340. Just a few tweeks to the dsg map thanks to Rick @ unicorn and it will be ready to collect. 

Some nice figures there Jo, you’ve probably took the more conservative and reliability approach by opting for the L450 instead of going for the more aggressive L500.

Be interesting to hear how it is as a daily driver.

2 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Devil's dyno doesn't inflate figures, run that Revo car on another Dyno and you will likely see higher figures.

Rick

Hi Rick,  thank you for helping out with the dsg tune. Saves my other half a day out to Manchester. Can't wait to pick the car up next week.