Limey

Dash cam deals/easy DIY?

Hello

Long time no post :)  G has been faultless - touch wood 😛

Looking for a dash cam that records all the time whilst driving and when parked, so will need live feed and good memory.

Anyone seen any deals?

Can I fit it myself (2015 5 door G R)?

Cheers,

Dave

One that’s often favoured with R people on here - Halfords (honestly) have a fair £70 off  Blackvue DR750S 2ch F & R  dashcam  currently.  Need hardwire kit Or Powermagic Pro too..

i ain’t bought. Still dithering....🤔

Bought a Viofo A129 front/rear camera myself. I have set the parking record mode to low bit rate and it works well, there are other options such as various timelapse, or collision buffering mode, but I believe there may be some issues with that. You'll need the hardwire kit as well though.

Plenty of options depending in budget from £500 BlackVues with WIFI etc that to be honest isnt needed, to £50 bargain jobs that just sit there and record which is all you need. I've got a rear view mirror one in my R because I prefer that to something else stuck on the windscreen and also it is less visible but plenty of options to suit everyone.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks all. 

Will have a look at those options. 

It needs to be rear view mirror mount as also don't want to see it/ look a mess. 

Was thinking about £200.

Thanks all. 
Will have a look at those options. 
It needs to be rear view mirror mount as also don't want to see it/ look a mess. 
Was thinking about £200.
Have a look on Amazon ar Autovox ones, mine was well u der £100 for front and rear. If you find one you like add it to watch or basket and then wait a couple of weeks and you will get an offer, the power pack hardwire kit is £15

I've looked at a few review sites, nextbase 522gw comes out well. 

Been halfords - £109 for camera, £34 for rear camera and £50 fitting including harness. Can get 64gb U3 card on Ebay for £20.

Seems reasonable, only concern is the fitment....

I've looked at a few review sites, nextbase 522gw comes out well. 
Been halfords - £109 for camera, £34 for rear camera and £50 fitting including harness. Can get 64gb U3 card on Ebay for £20.
Seems reasonable, only concern is the fitment....

I guess fitment will depend on who ever is there on the day you book it in... it's really not that complicated though honestly I've fitted them myself in maybe 6/7 different cars now with no issues

Yeah, I would be able to do it (would need cheap trim removal tools) but can't be bothered 😛The harness is £15 I think, but free if they fit it. It's only £30 fitment for front only.

The Anker Roav range are good.  Have the C1 in the passat and the BlackVue 650 2ch in the Golf.  

Both wire in the same but the Anker is easier if you don't go down the hardwire route as it is Micro USB so you can just buy a USB kit.  I hate the dashcams with sucker attachment and the screen always on.  The Roav has a screen but it can be timed out and its also tucked up out of view behind the rear view mirror.