jonny157

Newbie, on the hunt for an R next month.......

I’m Jonny, currently drive a 2012 Megane RS - currently running an RS Tuning map and Scorpion exhaust, sitting at 315bhp. Going to be selling up next month to get myself in an R . Ideally blue or white with 19s and DSG. First on the list will be a remap when I find myself one

Had this one for over 6 years and its time for a change now. Liked the look of the R for a while now, quite like the GTi too - had French for years, time to try a German car

Had a Clio 16v, 172, Megane R26 and my current RS

Welcome, That RS looks very nice.. 

Are you after AWD? i see the logical move being into a gti clubsport ect as the R may not give you RS handling thrills.

Then again the R still handles very well and is silly quick :P 

Welcome Jonny :) I currently have a Mitsi Ralliart, so I understand your liking for the R..... I currently have an R on order (bought last week), but it won't be built until week 44 this year and be delivered in January 2020.... so unless there is local stock near you, you might be waiting like me.

12 hours ago, jonny157 said:

82876d85fdab3b3c0cbb67df7052396d.jpg9e08cc9930e761e88271dda2785c4c5f.jpg

Lovely looking RS Jonny....I assume you will be getting the R tuned as soon as you pick one up?...:lol:....if you do...You will notice quite a difference from a stock Golf R...:smiley:..(Really wakes it up)....Best of luck getting an R in the exact spec you after..Post pics as soon as you get it...:afro:

You'll love the R...its a great car....Best all rounder out there...Does everything really well...:)

Lovely looking RS Jonny....I assume you will be getting the R tuned as soon as you pick one up?...:lol:....if you do...You will notice quite a difference from a stock Golf R...:smiley:..(Really wakes it up)....Best of luck getting an R in the exact spec you after..Post pics as soon as you get it...:afro:
You'll love the R...its a great car....Best all rounder out there...Does everything really well...

Yep, that’s the plan - as soon as I get one the first thing on the list is a remap

Hi. Good choice for your next car. An R will feel heavier - after an RS  Megan, but, oh will you like 4motion and DSG, rain, hail and snow. Really interested to hear from you how theswap goes. An you mods too.

Tons of great people and stuff to read up on here - have fun too.

Hi. Good choice for your next car. An R will feel heavier - after an RS  Megan, but, oh will you like 4motion and DSG, rain, hail and snow. Really interested to hear from you how theswap goes. An you mods too.
Tons of great people and stuff to read up on here - have fun too.

Cheers, that’s my only reservation - what an R will feel like after the Meg, a few people have said hang on to the Megane. I do like the Golf though