Sign in to follow this  
JSI

Hello :-)

After 12 years in a Subaru Legacy Tourer, I was trying to decide what would be next. 

Several cars were considered and then a local VW dealer got a White Golf R Estate in. 

I took it for a test drive and that made my mind up.  A Golf R would be my next car (but not a white one...I suspect that it would drive me nuts) 

So, on Tuesday I pick up a 67 plate R estate in Iridium Grey Metallic with Cadiz alloys.  

Looking forward to getting to know the new car and the forum.

Hi Stu. Welcome, and great choice for your next car. An R Just ticks SO  many boxes, and an Estate even more.   Pretty sure you’ll like it,much to enjoy and nowt much to disappoint.  Sure you’ll enjoy the Forum too, lots of helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable R enthusiasts..  just ask!  Tons of great stuff to read too, when your not exercising your R Estate.

Fun starts soon.

Thanks Guys.

1 hour ago, Nile said:

Enjoy it! White is actually a nice colour. Have 2 of my current motors in white!

Don't get me wrong, It did look nice, but I had enough trouble keeping a black car clean.  I just don't think i'd cope with a white one.

13 hours ago, JSI said:

After 12 years in a Subaru Legacy Tourer, I was trying to decide what would be next. 

Several cars were considered and then a local VW dealer got a White Golf R Estate in. 

I took it for a test drive and that made my mind up.  A Golf R would be my next car (but not a white one...I suspect that it would drive me nuts) 

So, on Tuesday I pick up a 67 plate R estate in Iridium Grey Metallic with Cadiz alloys.  

Looking forward to getting to know the new car and the forum.

Welcome to the forum Stu...:welcome:and Congrats on the new R Estate.....:smiley:...Post some pics up...:afro:

23 hours ago, JSI said:

If you think this is a hearse, you should see what it replaced.. 🙂

IMAG0156.jpg

Image result for hearse

You could of always got one of these!?....:lol:..(not)

The Golf R Estate is a sexy looking Wagon.....I used hearse as a term of endearment...:lol:....Love the R Estate...:thumbsup:...Congrats

28 minutes ago, goodbadboy said:

Image result for hearse

You could of always got one of these!?....:lol:..(not)

The Golf R Estate is a sexy looking Wagon.....I used hearse as a term of endearment...:lol:....Love the R Estate...:thumbsup:...Congrats

I do kind of like that... 

I used to call the Legacy (or Liberty in your neck of the woods) 'the hearse' too - I wouldn't have taken your comment any other way 🙂