Golfr69

Best Brake pads - For daily driving ?

Hi

my pads on the R wearing down, can anyone recommend good street pads with less brake fade? 

Also so is it worth fitting drilled and grooved brake disks ? 

My car is standard.

cheers 

Brake pads are a very personal choice. 

I swore by ds2500 on my ep3 type R then fitted a set in an AP bbk on my vxr and the pads got so hot on a track day they left build up on the discs causing horrific vibrations under braking leaving me to have the almost brand new discs skimmed.

Tried bluestuff in a Ksport bbk on my vxr and was pleasantly surprised,  good bite from cold and phenomenal stopping power once they had some heat in them but catastrophic levels of brake dust.

Best pads I've used by far are pagid RS29 yellow in an Alcon bbk, brilliant when cold stupendous when hot but very pricey.

I've fitted yellowstuff to a few friends cars with otherwise standard brake setups and all have remarked on how good they were and probably a better choice if only doing fast road , bluestuff is a track pad hence the lower cold performance 

1 hour ago, SpursMadDave said:

Bluestuff are track specific not for road driving, to be pedantic are you actually allowed to use them on the road?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

DS2500 aren't road legal either.

many people do use trackpads on the road. I don't think there is any harm to be honest, they are more effective than oem road pads. Cold bite is better and can handle more head and abuse. I cant see a downside to be honest

DS2500 aren't road legal either.

many people do use trackpads on the road. I don't think there is any harm to be honest, they are more effective than oem road pads. Cold bite is better and can handle more head and abuse. I cant see a downside to be honest
Cold bite is rubbish on trackpads though isnt it? I thought that was the whole reason they are not road certified...
Anyway all good as long as you have declared to your insurance that you are running non e certified pads

10 minutes ago, SpursMadDave said:

Cold bite is rubbish on trackpads though isnt it? I thought that was the whole reason they are not road certified...
Anyway all good as long as you have declared to your insurance that you are running non e certified pads emoji1787.png

maybe with some heavy duty track pads like DS3000, but these ebc ones are great. Inspire so much confidence in braking. I wish you could try them to see the difference.

And all update with insurance too! :)