robson_4

Lower springs with DCC

Hello, 

I am looking to lowering the R and ive been doing some research but cant seem to find any advice. I was wondering what springs have you used with DCC? is that an option or would i have to put coilovers in? will springs ruin the ride?

Thanks

I’m running VWR springs on mine with dcc the ride is firm but five for me. They drop relatively low. If you don’t want to go as low eibach may be a better bet as they don’t drop as low as VWR. 

641C0DC0-EB9A-49B6-AD75-F1E392C507AB.jpeg

76FD5855-E8A4-4150-B5AE-E4143AE4DE70.jpeg

I run Eibachs on mine. Not  as low, but the ride is great. I'd say its almost (but not quite) as if comfort became normal, and normal became race etc, but as said its not quite that harsh a change. 

Highly recommend them

20190803_150432.thumb.jpg.6b37ad1fe99e3539f76ab1637c22f5ae.jpg

13 hours ago, Big.h said:

I’m running VWR springs on mine with dcc the ride is firm but five for me. They drop relatively low. If you don’t want to go as low eibach may be a better bet as they don’t drop as low as VWR. 

Your stance is perfect on those springs Harry...:)

14 hours ago, robson_4 said:

Hello, 

I am looking to lowering the R and ive been doing some research but cant seem to find any advice. I was wondering what springs have you used with DCC? is that an option or would i have to put coilovers in? will springs ruin the ride?

Thanks

Am currently on Eibach Lowering Springs....which are great ride wise..comfort..cornering etc...but wheel gap is too subtle for my liking so am exploring coil over option....I'm still undecided..springs may still be settling....but at this stage will probably go for Bilstein B16's....:)

My Golf R 1.jpg

15 hours ago, Big.h said:

This looks awesome! So these are VWR Springs, what is the part number for these? 

2 hours ago, Paradox1 said:

Lowering springs with DCC changes the firmness a bit.

with lowering springs:-

Comfort= Normal

Normal= Sport

Sport=  ....Extra sport?

Spot on!!

i have eibach on mine with DCC. Drop is good for me and just about avoids scraping on driveways, entering steep underground driveways etc. the stiffness in sport mode is how it should feel from factory, take on corners with ease.

7 hours ago, Paradox1 said:

Lowering springs with DCC changes the firmness a bit.

with lowering springs:-

Comfort= Normal

Normal= Sport

Sport=  ....Extra sport?

Thanks, i definitely want to keep it as standard as possible! looks like i will order the eibachs. i actually had them on my mk5 gti nice to see they are still ones to have.

21 hours ago, Big.h said:

are you running spacers?

20 hours ago, robson_4 said:

Thanks, i definitely want to keep it as standard as possible! looks like i will order the eibachs. i actually had them on my mk5 gti nice to see they are still ones to have.

I've actually got H&R springs which i think are 30 or 35mm.

I wouldnt want it any lower tbh.

Have a look on DPM performance. there delivery is fast

On 28/08/2019 at 10:34, SteveoGTi said:

This looks awesome! So these are VWR Springs, what is the part number for these? 

Yes VWR springs no idea of the part number though. 

19 hours ago, robson_4 said:

are you running spacers?

Yes 11mm rear 5mm front I think. 

Yes 11mm rear 5mm front I think. 

I have a part here for VW Driver Springs 5G4071677

I just want to make sure it’s right and it’s available from VW themselves, here in SA it’s R4000.00 ZAR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk