Hello folks, just joined this forum and I am new into the Golf R ownership club! I recently bought a used - 30k miles - Golf R Estate M7.5 and although I saw the interior quirks when checking the car I decided to go ahead with the purchase anyway. 

The stuff that I am talking about is the amount of scratch marks than can be seen on the inside of the rear interior boot trim panel is beyond imagination. These even extend to both sides of the C pillars! I mean, I don’t know what the previous owner was doing, but he must have been transferring large sharp objects constantly banging at the back! And all over the place for that matter. 

My question is: where do I find replacement parts for these panels? I contacted my local VW dealer but I am expecting them to come back with eye watering numbers to get things right. Is there a website that I can trust and order these from?

Finally, the steering wheel at the top has visible wear so any suggestions on how to recondition that (other than those Amazon diy kits!) would be hugely appreciated. 

Many thanks. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Current Donation Goals

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Adam1
      Recently collected my 7.5 R in Deep Pearl Black with 19" Pretorias. Thought i'd share the matching car mats with you all as I am so happy with them!

Ordered from: https://www.carmats2u.co.uk/

Order details: 
      Carpet Type: Premier Super Luxury  Right or Left Hand Drive: Right  Manual or Automatic: Automatic  Logo Front Mats: Both Front Mats Boot Liner Offer: No thanks  Is the car a convertible?: No  Add Bumper Protector: No Thanks  Main Colour: Black  Edge: Black / Silver Twin Edge  Stitching: White   

• By guy9159
      So I'm deciding whether to buy a 2015 MK7 Golf R white for £17,400 with 29k miles (private) OR 'Approved Used' 2015 Lapiz Blue MK7 Golf R for £19,100 with 12k miles.
      The approved used one is from a dealer so it comes with 12 months warranty which I would've bought (extended warranty for a year) so it saves me ~£630.

All the other MK7 Golf Rs I can see for sale are around £18,000 for 2015 with 30-40k mileage and £19,000 for 2016 models with roughly the same mileage.

I will be selling the car in a years time so I'm not too sure which one to go for? This might be a dumb Q but does mileage outweigh the reg/production year even if the car is lower mileage than the 2016 higher mileage? I will probably do max 7000 miles in the year. 
      Also, if the Used Approved ones are ex-demos should I avoid them??

Been looking for quite a while so would appreciate your suggestions- many thanks!
    • By jrmk7
      Just finished doing my steering wheel and guys i need your opinion this took me about 2 hours, and i got this wrap from Eastdetailing.com

• By andy203
      Already mentioned on the 7R page I'm leaving the brand. This is a heads up to anyone looking for a Golf R Estate, this will be on a forecourt possibly in the London area from Monday/Tuesday next week.

1st reg Sept 2017- has 8700 miles on clock today. I purchased it from dealer 1st of Oct 2017-when it had 200 miles on clock. Has had two main dealer services last being couple of weeks ago at Robinsons Norwich. Has all the following extras factory fitted:-

Lapiz Blue Metallic
      Black 'Vienna' leather R
      Alloy wheels, 19" 'Spielberg'
      Discover Pro DVD nav/radio system
      (DNS PRO) with Gesture Control
      Door mirror casing in carbon
      Dynaudio Excite sound pack
      Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC)
      Keyless entry
      Panoramic sunroof
      Climate windscreen
      Rear view camera
      High Beam Assist.
      Scuff Plates added to all door sills.

In excellent condition. 

Reg No. VU67 NDV

if you wish to know anything else please feel free to drop me a PM
    • By iandjm
      Hi. I have a 15 month old R with 9000 miles on it. I have noticed the drivers seat stitching on a section not subject to any wear has failed and the grey side bolster material is very slack (and has been since New)

My dealer informs me the VW trim warranty is 6500 miles and 6 months which seems pretty poor by any standards. 

Any thoughts on this? 

Many thanks