SteveoGTi

Lowering Golf R 2019 with DCC

Hi Guys...

I am a newbie to your guys awesome group. I am currently in the process of taking delivery of 2019 Golf R (228kw) and would like to find out if there are any issues lowering the car when it has DCC, also in my Golf 6 GTi i had the VW Driver Gear Springs which gives the a slight drop, so i am thinking of using the same type of setup on my Golf R.

Suggestions and comments PLEASE.     

48 minutes ago, goodbadboy said:

Get some Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs Steven...not the biggest drop but really awesome springs...(another pic of mine for your reference)...:)

They ride perfectly...:afro:

My GR7 Aug 19 2.jpg

Paul this looks great tome.   Lovely pic too.  You really do have the Modding bug tho, to be considering Bilstein Coil overs, to get a better look, stance, balance, ride, handling.  Brimming over with R enthusiasm!  Topguy.

😂😀👍👍🍺

Tightwad me would baulk at Eibach springs....

2 hours ago, MDLBC said:

Then you would really balk at MSS Springs. emoji16.png

00d46fd5039009813460382355a89f41.jpg

Yes, indeed.  Looks great too tho.

A non starter for me entirely tho I m a wheelchair user and Stock  my R is just great for getting into with Drivers seat set at max. Low, and getting out from with Drivers seat set Max High.  ( hence my spec.  of Memory Seat ) 😂

22 hours ago, NRW said:

Paul this looks great tome.   Lovely pic too.  You really do have the Modding bug tho, to be considering Bilstein Coil overs, to get a better look, stance, balance, ride, handling.  Brimming over with R enthusiasm!  Topguy.

😂😀👍👍🍺

Tightwad me would baulk at Eibach springs....

Thanks Neil,....That means a lot coming from another R owner....I must admit....I tend to splash out on my pride and joy....🖤....I admit I tend to go a bit overboard with mods...One you get the bug..it hard to stop....:lol:....I still have more I'd like to do...

Besides Bilstein B16's....Carbon Fibre steering wheel...installing my 7.5 rear lights and side sequential indicators...P3 Gauge...Polar FIS...Full set of Michelin Pilot 4S's...as well as going stage 2 soon....(it tends to add up...but who's counting....:lol:....I don't want to own or drive a standard Golf R....I want to make it unique and different....(Just like me)...:)

Main goal is still 300KW...400BHP...and 500NM.......Still might get a BCS Powervalve exhaust too....I'm sure I've left a few things off...:lol:

Golf R is my legitimate dream car so want to make it as special and as cool as possible...not to mention fast...:smiley:

Thanks very much for the compliments Neil...I always enjoy reading your posts...Glad you like the pic too...its one of my favs)...:)

1 hour ago, goodbadboy said:

Thanks very much for the compliments Neil...I always enjoy reading your posts...Glad you like the pic too...its one of my favs)

Great personalised / modded R you have .  Classy, tasteful imo.  I really enjoy reading your comments and posts about how you use and develop your R.  I think all R s are nice but DPB is the one for me - you too.

Love  mine too - still new to me as not  using it often, just done the first 2500 miles, so still wearing everything in .(others have noted a change after about 3000 miles so happy to wait).  Mine is a it of a Treat for me .  Most expensive car I’ve ever bought.    I’ll only let my Lovely Wife drive it, and she’s still wary of it and the performance bump from last GTI, but she has her own 2017 Fiesta ST3  which frequently  dances for her.- much to the awe of other Audi/BMW/anything drivers who get left gasping..

I also get very attached to my cars Indeed, I should not have let my GTI go with under 30000 milies from new, but life did not fold out that way. I really did smile each and every time I drove it.    After outright purchase new, I plan to keep my R for at least 5 years unless our circumstances change.  A Wagon might need to be next because of the boot space, just a bit too small in the R to accommodate my dismantled manual wheelchair and special wheels - the Parcel shelf has to live in our loft.

I must own up to being a bit of a VAGand DSG fanboy -had DSG since 2006, and they improve after each update.I get loads from R membership here too and rarely miss a day. Brings a great bonus to having an R and So much knowledge to learn from.

keep doing your thing Paul, Good Job man.👍👍

22 hours ago, NRW said:

Great personalised / modded R you have .  Classy, tasteful imo.  I really enjoy reading your comments and posts about how you use and develop your R.  I think all R s are nice but DPB is the one for me - you too.

Love  mine too - still new to me as not  using it often, just done the first 2500 miles, so still wearing everything in .(others have noted a change after about 3000 miles so happy to wait).  Mine is a it of a Treat for me .  Most expensive car I’ve ever bought.    I’ll only let my Lovely Wife drive it, and she’s still wary of it and the performance bump from last GTI, but she has her own 2017 Fiesta ST3  which frequently  dances for her.- much to the awe of other Audi/BMW/anything drivers who get left gasping..

I also get very attached to my cars Indeed, I should not have let my GTI go with under 30000 milies from new, but life did not fold out that way. I really did smile each and every time I drove it.    After outright purchase new, I plan to keep my R for at least 5 years unless our circumstances change.  A Wagon might need to be next because of the boot space, just a bit too small in the R to accommodate my dismantled manual wheelchair and special wheels - the Parcel shelf has to live in our loft.

I must own up to being a bit of a VAGand DSG fanboy -had DSG since 2006, and they improve after each update.I get loads from R membership here too and rarely miss a day. Brings a great bonus to having an R and So much knowledge to learn from.

keep doing your thing Paul, Good Job man.👍👍

Thanks very much Neil...Great post and thanks again for the compliments...:smiley:...In my case...My Mk7 R is the best car I've ever owned or driven....I started off owning and driving Honda's...(8 of them in fact)...:lol:....A few years ago..I never thought I could realistically afford a fast Golf but said at the time...."Life is short"...I could afford it and why not..so bought a Mk 5 R32....which I loved..(Stage 1)...GR6 was a better faster..more modern car....even before I went Stage 2 with it....but GR7 is a step again again....even stock its awesome and the perfect car for me and my needs....Car is stage 1 approx 365BHP and is loads of fun and a great daily driver....Every car I buy is better than the last one I had...I would never go back to japanese cars after driving german cars...The difference in build quality is chalk and cheese.....I love all fast Golf's....but once you tuned them the fun factor goes up....I love the fact that I drive a fast, cool car and love the fact that I can join and participate in an awesome forum like this and watch Youtube vides on other R's and learn from other owners and VW aficionados about all the ways to improve and maintain and mod an already awesome car

The Golf R is a legitimate dream car for me, and I love the fact I can keep improving and updating it and making it even better and enjoyable and fun to drive.....Best thing about the R is the fact its the BEST all round car out there...The superb performance is the cherry on top...:smiley:

Keep your posts coming Neil...Love reading them all...:afro:

Here’s my 19 plate in Oryx white, it’s lowered on Eibach pro springs,

yes it could be lower with other spring brands, but these Eibach’s make an already very usable car just that much better to drive, barely any difference in comfort vs stock too, now it looks better, corners flatter, feels more planted & no rubbing or scraping on bumps/speedbumps

D910A0A7-9CB8-447A-902E-D3AA5746EFB2.jpeg