Msportman

Which Window rubber cleaning / preservation products?

1 hour ago, Msportman said:

Anyone?

Any from Halfords that are good for cleaning the rubbers or is it an online product?

Thanks

Not at Halfords but Amazon -Aerospace 303.  

https://www.amazon.co.uk/30308-Aerospace-Protectant-Protector-Trigger/dp/B00JG3OIFU/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?keywords=aerospace+303&qid=1567611468&s=gateway&sprefix=aerosp&sr=8-2

Have tried a fair few of products on window rubbers, exterior trim, etc over the years and Aerospace is my go to.  It’s also fantastic on the engine bay (and suitable for interior). 

Seems they repackaged it too for specific automotive but same stuff - cheaper!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/303-Products-303-30382-Automotive-Protectant/dp/B0185PU38A/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=aerospace+303&qid=1567611050&s=gateway&sprefix=aerosp&sr=8-3

The advantage of Aerospace 303 is the "superior UV protection to prevent cracking & fading" 👍

so good for any black trim that gets a lot of sun … like the top of the dash too 😉  

As above for a quick clean, however nothing I’ve found works as well as Swissvax Seal Feed. It’s defo worth the expense and will last forever! Amazeballs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 09/09/2019 at 20:03, Kal-El said:

As above for a quick clean, however nothing I’ve found works as well as Swissvax Seal Feed. It’s defo worth the expense and will last forever! Amazeballs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've always used this one

I think I'm going to get some as I get the odd door creak that might well be the seals. Apparently, putting protectant on the seals and wax/sealant on the paint that touches them will remove any seal creak.

I use Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care and is available from Halfords. Not sure how it compares to other products as have only used this.
Yeah I use this. In fact I did them all the other day as I was getting a lot of creaking. All sorted now

Sent from my S9 using Tapatalk