Norbert

Hello

Hello I am Norbert and I have just ordered a new R. It won't be built till the end of the year but I am really looking forward to getting it. Does anyone with a new R know if the heated steering wheel is now standard or if not how to order it on the cofigurator ? 

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi Norbert. Great choice of car with your R.  Well done. I bet you can’t wait!  Cross off the days and clue yourself up on here till it comes. I can’t ever recall seeing/ hearing of an Option for a Heated Steering Wheel for the R, in UK at least.  I know the option list changes from time to time on the website ( like 5 year warranty disappearing !) but sorry, blank from me on that. .

I hope you get all that you’re after and enjoy it when it comes.  Please keep updating your progress. Cheers.

I may be wrong.. a vague memory that heated steering wheel was an option for golf in the configurator not sure whether it was for the R. Best check with dealer and get it confirmed 

Hi Norbert, great choice of car, I'm sure you'll love it !

I don't recall seeing heated steering wheel as an option when I bought mine recently (ie end of last month), it certainly wasn't standard

19 hours ago, Norbert said:

Hello I am Norbert and I have just ordered a new R. It won't be built till the end of the year but I am really looking forward to getting it. Does anyone with a new R know if the heated steering wheel is now standard or if not how to order it on the cofigurator ? 

Thanks in anticipation.

Welcome to the forum Norbert...:welcome:.....I hope the wait isn't too excruciating....:)

I ordered mine quite recently and there was nowhere for me to specify a heated steering wheel. It’s an option I definitely would have checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Norbet, welcome, as a new member myself, I can honestly say that the forum, seems to be a great resource and very friendly. 

Look forward to seeing photos of your new R once she arrives.