WhiteHartMart

Hi all

Just joined up - will be parting with a 330D Touring (unfortunately it before a final £900 repair bill!) on Tuesday and picking up a March ‘19 registered ‘R’- can’t wait.

Looking forward to gaining some useful tips here :)

Hello, welcome and congratulations on the new car purchase. Great choice with the R!  You’re sure to enjoy it, even the learning is lots of fun.  Lots to like, read & learn from on here.    If you get stuck, or are unsure ,or whatever really - just Ask the question and help will soon follow from members of the R owning global .community.  It really Adds to the R ownership experience. 

Post pics please when you can, share the spec too. The WLTP Cars vary a bit in their standard spec  depending on build date. 

Have Fun on Collection Day.

Welcome to VWROC!  

:welcome:

Ouch!  Not what you want when you’re parting with a car!   Hope all goes well with collection of your new car and that hefty bill soon a distant memory once you’re behind the wheel of the R.  Plenty of help, advice and chat on here of all things R and more.  

Hope you enjoy both very much! 

Thanks.

Will get some pics up for sure - once I've had my first drive or 3 :) 

Just gone for a standard spec model (in White) though - have plans for pushing the boat out a but more for another car in a couple of years time, so didn't want to stretch the budget to far this time!

15 minutes ago, WhiteHartMart said:

Just gone for a standard spec model (in White) though

tbh the standard R is very well specced compared to a lot of other cars, my only options were the Lapiz blue and Pretoria wheels, however I was pleasantly surprised when I got it, I remember saying to the salesman 'oh, full set of mats, was expecting to have to buy some, oh and it's got 65% rear tints, didn't realise that either, and app connect, and car-net, and.....etc etc' (yeah I didn't do my homework very well lol)

Even the standard 'stereo' is half decent with a good amount of deep bass, to the extent I'm still trying to decide whether to go for the Helix audio upgrade or not.....

9 minutes ago, tinman68 said:

tbh the standard R is very well specced compared to a lot of other cars, my only options were the Lapiz blue and Pretoria wheels, however I was pleasantly surprised when I got it, I remember saying to the salesman 'oh, full set of mats, was expecting to have to buy some, oh and it's got 65% rear tints, didn't realise that either, and app connect, and car-net, and.....etc etc' (yeah I didn't do my homework very well lol)

Even the standard 'stereo' is half decent with a good amount of deep bass, to the extent I'm still trying to decide whether to go for the Helix audio upgrade or not.....

Yea, standard probably underplays it tbh - plenty enough spec for me (in an ideal world, Prets and Pan Roof would have been perfect though!!).

Good to hear the standard audio is ok as that was one area I was expecting to have to spend on.

1 minute ago, WhiteHartMart said:

Good to hear the standard audio is ok as that was one area I was expecting to have to spend on.

Yeah I bought a pre-built car and was disappointed it didn't have Dynaudio, I've always had expensive custom setups in the past such as Focal speakers, Alpine amps and 800W subs. Now I'm not saying it's anything like that level, it certainly isn't, however it's good enough for me to be struggling over whether I really need to fork out an extra few hundred quid !

Definitely worth giving it a decent length try out before deciding....

20 hours ago, WhiteHartMart said:

Just joined up - will be parting with a 330D Touring (unfortunately it before a final £900 repair bill!) on Tuesday and picking up a March ‘19 registered ‘R’- can’t wait.

Looking forward to gaining some useful tips here :)

Welcome to the forum Andy.....:welcome:....Congrats on the new R..:smiley:....Post some pics up when you can....:thumbsup: