NoR

Hi Everyone, bought a Clubsport S in July which I am currently using as my daily driver. I had been looking for one for ages but most were well above what I wanted to pay and there were very few white ones. Anyway got one now and the handling is amazing. I find I switch between comfort and individual on the DCC depending on traffic conditions or mood. The ride is really supple despite the 35 profile tyres. I am getting about 36mpg on my commute which is pretty good. Cheers

5081f4a641e1897f2c0e294d6e82ceb5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi NoR.  Congrats on the purchase of what looks an absolute Stonker.. Really looks Well.  Hope it goes even better.  Great car - sure you’ll find tons to enjoy on here too.  Have fun in your rare beauty.

👍

Hi NRW,
Thanks for the welcome. My previous car was a Phaeton, which although lovely to drive, was a maintenance nightmare. It also handled like a bus! Hoping the Golf will spend less time at the VW dealer. The lack of insulation/ seats in the rear makes conversation challenging. Good job I only drive myself in it. Cheers

Welcome to VWROC Nor! 

:welcome:

Your Clubsport S looks very smart.   White really suits the car. Sounds like you’re thoroughly enjoying it.  

Hope you enjoy the forum and despite most of us being R owners here, there’s lots shared between the two cars and hopefully plenty of interest to you here.

Some R owners find noise interferes with conversation in the cabin, so not sure how they’d cope in a CSS.  You can tell them how lucky they’ve got it!  😂

Hi Booth11,
Thanks for the welcome. The car is really like the reviews you read in Evo and others. The handling and grip on the Cup 2’s is astounding. You need to recalibrate your cornering ability. My last fast car was an Evo 9 FQ 300. That was 10 years ago though. There is a lot to be said for 4wd as 305 bhp through the front wheels is probably too much even with electronic diff. Cheers

1 minute ago, NoR said:

There is a lot to be said for 4wd as 305 bhp through the front wheels is probably too much even with electronic diff

Hi NoR

Funny you should say that, I often raise my eyebrows when I see people tuning their GTi's to 400+, makes no sense to me !

I previously had a remapped Focus ST at 300bhp and even with the best tyres I could get on it, it would still spin the wheels in 3rd gear on occasions, I wouldn't have gone any higher with front wheel drive. Must admit it was fun to drive though 😁

Hi tinman,
Thanks for the welcome. I have had two occasions when overtaking on cambered roads where torque steer was making the steering squirm which was slightly disconcerting. Just something to get used to. I have never driven an R but I guess the road manners will be better with 4 wd. Cheers.

Hi R-HB,
Thanks for the compliments. One irritating thing is that I don’t have the control to turn down the brightness of the dash. It’s full brightness which is going to be hard work on night journeys. Cheers.

1 hour ago, NoR said:

I have had two occasions when overtaking on cambered roads where torque steer was making the steering squirm which was slightly disconcerting. Just something to get used to. I have never driven an R but I guess the road manners will be better with 4 wd. Cheers.

yeah no torque steer in the R, but you do get used to having it, I actually found the torque steer added to the fun after a little while of owning my ST, seems a bit weird to say I miss it 😂

Great looking car, have fun with it :)

3 hours ago, NoR said:

Hi R-HB,
Thanks for the compliments. One irritating thing is that I don’t have the control to turn down the brightness of the dash. It’s full brightness which is going to be hard work on night journeys. Cheers.

Hi and welcome.

On my '66 plate GTD you can alter the dash light brightness by going into the vehicle settings and choosing the light submenu; it only works when the ignition is on though.

Hi and welcome.

On my '66 plate GTD you can alter the dash light brightness by going into the vehicle settings and choosing the light submenu; it only works when the ignition is on though.

Hi Ripley, I tried that but don’t think I had the ignition on. Will give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion. Cheers

14 hours ago, NoR said:

Hi Everyone, bought a Clubsport S in July which I am currently using as my daily driver. I had been looking for one for ages but most were well above what I wanted to pay and there were very few white ones. Anyway got one now and the handling is amazing. I find I switch between comfort and individual on the DCC depending on traffic conditions or mood. The ride is really supple despite the 35 profile tyres. I am getting about 36mpg on my commute which is pretty good. Cheers

5081f4a641e1897f2c0e294d6e82ceb5.jpg

Welcome to the forum Nor......:welcome:..Why did you choose a CSS over an R?....(Just curious)...:lol:...Nice car by the way...:thumbsup: