NRW

Mk8 Latest Info

Thanks for sharing.
I was in with my local dealer midweek and asked the question about his thoughts on release date for MK8 R
All being well, Nov 2020 was his response.
J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Jens0n said:

Thanks for sharing.
I was in with my local dealer midweek and asked the question about his thoughts on release date for MK8 R
All being well, Nov 2020 was his response.

That will be a MY2021 by then.  I wonder if there will be any changes between MY2020 and MY2021  ;)

After all the hype, misinformation, silly artists impressions, etc, the (base) mk 8 golf will finally be officially unveiled tomorrow (24 Oct).

https://uk.motor1.com/news/374332/vw-golf-reveal-october-24/

It seems like VW have given it a slightly sad 'face' or is that just me? Certainly very plain, if that's how it actually looks in the metal.

Hopefully the GTI and R models will be made to look much more distinctive. 

Interior and tech will be the big talking points I suspect, including the 24/7 connectivity...

10 hours ago, Exonian said:

Uuuurgh. Just uuurgh.

It's like they've purposely designed the car around what would make me not buy it. The centre console now has a gap in it which I absolutely loathe. They've now spoiled the outside look of the car, but then that's what car designers do, once they've got it right there's nowhere else to go but wrong. And as for this touchscreen for everything madness, well, the mind boggles how car manufacturers aren't being hauled into court on safety grounds. Using mobile phones has been rightly banned but we've replaced that with something even worse.

The R and Gti may look slightly less minging but it's still just putting lipstick on a pig. VW have lost the plot with this mark.

2 hours ago, DaveGrohl said:

Uuuurgh. Just uuurgh.

It's like they've purposely designed the car around what would make me not buy it. The centre console now has a gap in it which I absolutely loathe. They've now spoiled the outside look of the car, but then that's what car designers do, once they've got it right there's nowhere else to go but wrong. And as for this touchscreen for everything madness, well, the mind boggles how car manufacturers aren't being hauled into court on safety grounds. Using mobile phones has been rightly banned but we've replaced that with something even worse.

The R and Gti may look slightly less minging but it's still just putting lipstick on a pig. VW have lost the plot with this mark.

When I first posted that link when it went live there was a link to the Russian site that posted up the photos originally. 
The key thing here is that VW have been dropping hints about the full fat GTE (245PS mentioned) which should be released from the off and the GTE being very similar in appearance to GTIs and Rs will give the strongest hint. 
The GTE on the Russian link might have been photoshopped, we’ll probably know very soon, but my god it was ugly.  

Pig in lipstick would have been far too kind a compliment. 
A bigger mouth than the basking shark Fords and more honeycomb than a chicken coop. 

I’m sure there will be a few R die hards that’ll convince themselves it’s a wonderful step forward but... 

As said let’s hope it looks a LOT better in the flesh. 

I think I will reserve judgement until I see it in the flesh, especially the R, but from the photos I'm not impressed. The front looks odd, the interior looks a bit better and I'm sure I will like it more in the flesh like I do the Audi cockpit. But what is that DSG lever? It's like they are trying to copy Volvo.

From those latest pics - for me - some bits are downright ugly, that even the most devoted mother might struggle to love; some are better than I was expecting and some features I quite like. The DSG lever is possibly one of those things like the electronic handbrake was for me, that I balked at the very idea when it first came about on the mk7 but quickly realised on getting the car that it is actually a really good piece of development.  Remains to be seen but am open minded on that and the rest, especially the styling to the performance models. A lot can be achieved through styling, look at the Audi RS3 and to a lesser degree the S3 over the base A3.  Night and day.  I expect more subtle with VW but definitely scope to make the pig more of a looker with the right lipstick. 

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/golf/108234/new-volkswagen-golf-mk8-leaked-images-pictures

I know we don't have long to wait, its not a huge change to current golf - other than a droopy face.

Will want to have a play with touchscreens etc before doing anything, however I'm hoping everyone really likes it and it makes my r estate cheaper to buy once the lease is up!