• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why can't the new Mk 8 Golf R look like this?...  

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKRP7ojsIhp/?igshid=1my3zss9iyt9l   Most recent update I’ve seen in the UK for all fellow R lover's.   More I see, the more impatient I’m getting.  

I haven’t seen many Golf R’s in black, so I thought I would share it with you guys... this look amazing to me.... can’t wait for mine to come in June 

Posted Images

BTW one thing occurred to me the other day .... with a lack of buttons, how do you turn the damn Auto Stop Start off? Is it buried in the touch screen somewhere? That really would be pants as opposed to the simple button on the 7/7.5.

Unless OBD11 can sort it. 

8 minutes ago, dopper99 said:

BTW one thing occurred to me the other day .... with a lack of buttons, how do you turn the damn Auto Stop Start off? Is it buried in the touch screen somewhere? That really would be pants as opposed to the simple button on the 7/7.5.

I don’t know yet but it’s going to be the first thing to find out.  If it’s anything like the 7.5 where they took away the ability to disable with OBDeleven etc, that will be a real pain.  

2 hours ago, TurboTrev said:

Bit late to the party, so sorry if this has already been covered.  Just been on the VW configurator and it won't let me build a car with 19 wheels and the performance pack, is that right?   I'm sure people have ordered cars with both these options?

Wise words from Neil!  Don’t pay double for single!  The19” Estorils are part of the PP.  As you’ve found out if you do try to add both the Configurator then you get a message warning you so technically shouldn’t be able to double up.  

On 10/03/2021 at 14:02, dopper99 said:

Pretty sure I’ve seen a video where you can set shortcuts,which appear when you drag down from the top of the screen 

On 10/03/2021 at 14:02, dopper99 said:

Unfortunately its 3 presses, so from the home screen: Vehicle - Status - Stop/start.

I've also just checked the swipe down method as above and the stop/start is there as standard so thats alot quicker.

I've just learnt to live with it on in my GTI, the first thing I turn off is lane assist, wait until you start driving with that one...

34 minutes ago, GTD1414 said:

Unfortunately its 3 presses, so from the home screen: Vehicle - Status - Stop/start.

I've also just checked the swipe down method as above and the stop/start is there as standard so thats alot quicker.

I've just learnt to live with it on in my GTI, the first thing I turn off is lane assist, wait until you start driving with that one...

Sounds like they need to get OBD11 working on the Mk8 pronto!

7 hours ago, dopper99 said:

I'm sure I read somewhere on here that although some VW models will increase in price, the Golf wont.

Not sure  - wouldn’t argue over it. I just saw the bold discounted price and chose to share. 😀